|Follow PSU Women's Basketball:||Follow @PennStateWBB|
UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa.; September 7, 2017 – The Big Ten Conference and Penn State women’s basketball program announced today (Sept. 7) the game times and television designations for the 2017-18 season, which includes nine games on national television networks.
Coming off of a third round appearance in the Women’s National Invitation Tournament (WNIT) last season, Penn State will kick off its television appearances against Fordham on Wednesday, Dec. 6 (6 p.m./BTN). The Big Ten opener on Thursday, Dec. 28 at Michigan (6 p.m./BTN) and the Big Ten home opener on Sunday, Dec. 31 vs. Maryland (2 p.m./BTN) will both air on the Big Ten Network.
Three road games in the month of January will be broadcast, starting with the Lady Lions trip to Rutgers (4:30 pm./BTN) on Saturday, Jan. 6. The Sunday, Jan. 14 contest at Wisconsin (2 p.m./BTN) and the Sunday, Jan. 28 trip to Purdue (Noon/BTN) will also be available nationally on the BTN.
Following television appearances at Minnesota (4 p.m./BTN) on Sunday, Feb. 11 and at Nebraska (8 p.m./BTN) on Thursday, Feb. 22, Penn State will close out the regular season at the Bryce Jordan Center on the ESPN family of networks vs. Ohio State (Noon/ESPN2) in the 12th annual Play4Kay benefiting Pink Zone game on Sunday, Feb. 25.
Over head coach Coquese Washington’s first 10 seasons, Penn State have averaged 12 national television appearances per season, including a school-record 18 broadcasts during the 2012-13 and 2013-14 Big Ten Championship seasons. The Lady Lions have appeared on national television at least seven times in nine of Washington’s 10 years on the University Park campus.
The complete Penn State women’s basketball schedule, times and television designations can be found by clicking here.
- Penn State will host two Ladies Night events during the 2017-18 season, with more information to follow. The dates will be Thursday, Nov. 30 vs. Wake Forest and Thursday, Jan. 18 vs. Rutgers.
- The Lady Lions will host their Military Appreciation day vs. Drexel on Sunday, Nov. 12 at 2 p.m.
- The annual Toys for Tots game will also serve as Penn State’s 4H Day on Sunday, Dec. 3 against Manhattan at 2 p.m. The game will also feature a visit from Mr. and Mrs. Clause
- The first television appearance of the season will also act as Faculty/Staff Night and feature an Ugly Sweater contest vs. Fordham on Wednesday, Dec. 6 at 6 p.m.
- Celebrate the New Year with Penn State on Dec. 31 vs. Maryland at 2 p.m.
- The Coquese’s Drive Thank You game will feature a matchup with Minnesota on Wednesday, Jan. 10 at 7 p.m.
- Fans will White Out the Bryce Jordan Center on Thursday, Jan. 18 for a 7 p.m. tipoff vs. Rutgers.
- The Lady Lions will celebrate National Girls/Women in Sports Day on Sunday, Feb. 4 vs. Michigan State at 2 p.m. The game will also feature postgame autographs from the entire 2017-18 Penn State women’s basketball program.
- Valentine’s Day will feature a Daddy/Daughter Date Night package, along with serving as the program’s Jared Box game, as the Lady Lions host Northwestern on Wednesday, Feb. 14 at 7 p.m.
- The 12th annual Play4Kay benefiting Pink Zone will close out the regular season on Sunday, Feb. 25 vs. Ohio State at noon.
- A complete promotional calendar will be available at a later date.
- Season tickets for the 2017-18 season are on sale now and feature three price points; courtside, sideline and baseline. Available season tickets range in price from $95 (baseline) to $120 (sideline) and $260 (courtside).
- The Recent Graduate program returns for a third season and features two options; a $65 baseline package and the $84 sideline package.
- To purchase season tickets or for more information, fans can visit gopsu.info/WBB-Tix, call 1-800-NITTANY or visit the Bryce Jordan Center ticket office weekdays from 9 a.m-6 p.m.
Single Game Tickets
- Single game ticket sales begin on Sept. 12 with the exclusive season ticket holder presale. A special Nittany Lion Club member presale will take place on September 13. All season ticket holders and NLC members can access presale tickets through the Penn State Account Manager.
- The public sale begins on September 14 on ticketmaster.com.
- To purchase single game tickets or for more information, fans can visit gopsu.info/WBB-Tix, call 1-800-NITTANY or visit the Bryce Jordan Center ticket office weekdays from 9 a.m-6 p.m.
About the BTN
- The Big Ten Network reaches more than 60 million homes across the United States and Canada and is available on all major video providers, including DIRECTV, Verizon FiOS, AT&T U-verse, Cablevision Optimum, Charter Communications, Comcast Xfinity, Cox Communications, Mediacom, Time Warner Cable, RCN, WOW!, and about 300 additional video providers across North America.
- All on-air games broadcast by BTN can be streamed via the web, smartphones, tablets and connected devices on BTN2Go, BTN's digital extension. More than 100 additional games will also be streamed on BTN Plus on BTN2Go, and many of those will air on delay on BTN as part of the Student U initiative.