|Follow PSU Women's Basketball:||Follow @PennStateWBB|
UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. – Almost everything is locked in for the 2017-18 Penn State women’s basketball campaign, as the Big Ten Conference has announced the dates and opponents for the conference season. Times and television designations will be announced later in the fall.
Following the 13-game non-conference slate, which was announced earlier this summer, Penn State will open the Big Ten schedule on the road for the first time since the 2014-15 campaign as the Lady Lions travel to Ann Arbor to face off with Michigan on Dec. 28.
Five of the next seven conference tilts will come inside the Bryce Jordan Center, starting with back-to-back home games vs. Maryland (Dec. 31) and Indiana (Jan. 3). A home date with Minnesota on Jan. 10 is sandwiched between road trips to Rutgers (Jan. 6) and Wisconsin (Jan. 14). After traveling to Madison for the aforementioned matchup with the Badgers, Penn State closes that stretch at home against Rutgers (Jan. 18) and Illinois (Jan. 23).
The month of January concludes with a pair of road trips, as the Lady Lions will travel to Purdue on Jan. 28 and head to Ohio State on Jan. 31. February features three road tilts and a trio of home games, starting with Michigan State visiting Happy Valley for a Feb. 4 meeting. Three of the next four games send the Lady Lions to the western-most parts of the Big Ten, kicking off at Iowa (Feb. 8) and ending at Minnesota (Feb. 11). After hosting Northwestern on Valentine’s Day (Feb. 14), the final road game of the regular season sends Penn State to Nebraska for a Feb. 22 tilt.
The regular season ends with Ohio State traveling east for a Feb. 25 meeting, before the 14 conference schools turn their sights to the Big Ten Tournament in Indianapolis. The event will again be hosted at Bankers Life Fieldhouse, running from Feb. 28-March 4.
- Overall, Penn State owns a 262-152 record in 25 seasons as a member of the Big Ten Conference.
- As a program, the Lady Lions own eight regular season and two Big Ten Tournament championships.
- Penn State will open the Big Ten schedule on the road for the first time since the 2014-15 campaign.
- The Lady Lions will close Big Ten play at home for the fourth time in the last five seasons (at Indiana, 2016).
- With Michigan serving as the B1G opener for 2017-18, Penn State has now met 11 of the 13 members in conference opening games. The Lady Lions have not met Maryland or Rutgers in a B1G opener, with the Terrapins and Scarlet Knights joining the conference during the 2014-15 season.
- Penn State will play on New Year’s Eve for the third-straight season and the seventh time in overall in school history. The Lady Lions defeated Northwestern to open Big Ten play in 2015 and fell at Rutgers to close out 2016.
- Like New Year’s Eve, the Lady Lions will again be on the schedule for Valentine’s Day for the third-straight year. Penn State is 9-6 overall in games played on Feb. 14.
- With a trip to Lincoln, Nebraska, Penn State has now traveled to play Nebraska in five of the six seasons that Nebraska has been a member of the Big Ten. The 2016-17 season was the only time Penn State didn’t make a trip to the Cornhusker State.
- Home only opponents include; Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan State, Northwestern.
- Away only opponents include; Iowa, Michigan, Nebraska, Purdue, Wisconsin.
- Home & Away opponents include; Minnesota, Ohio State, Rutgers.
Catch Every Game
Season tickets for the 2017-18 season are on sale now and feature three price points; courtside, sideline and baseline. Available season tickets range in price from $95 (baseline) to $120 (sideline) and $260 (courtside). The Recent Graduate program returns for a third season and features two options; a $65 baseline package and the $84 sideline package.
Follow Penn State women's basketball on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter (@PennStateWBB). Stay up to date with all of our 31 varsity programs on your favorite social media platforms by clicking here.