|Follow PSU Women's Basketball:||Follow @PennStateWBB|
UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. -The two teams met in the second game of the 2015-16 campaign and on Sunday (March 19) the Penn State women's basketball program will host Fordham in the second round of the Women's National Invitational Tournament. The Lady Lions and Rams will tipoff at 2 p.m. inside the Bryce Jordan Center and the game will be available on the Penn State Sports Network.
- Fans can follow along with Penn State's WNIT contest vs. Fordham on Twitter and Instagram (@PennStateWBB), or via live stats, live video or live audio with the links to the right.
Inside the PDF
- With the win over Ohio, Penn State gathered its 20th win of the season. It is the 27th time in program history that the Lady Lions reached the 20-win mark. It was the fifth 20-win season for head coach Coquese Washington.
- Of the 30 games in Penn State history with eight or fewer turnovers, 14 have come from Coquese Washington coached teams, including just eight misteps vs. Ohio in the opening round of the WNIT. MORE ON PAGE 10
- After posting seven games with 10 or fewer turnovers in 2015-16, the Lady Lions have boasted nine such efforts in 2016-17 and are averaging just 13.2 missteps per game.
- The 2016-17 edition posted its 15th home victory on Friday night over Ohio, moving its record to 15-1 on the Bryce Jordan Center floor. It marks just the fourth time in school history a Penn State team won at least 15 games at home.
- The Lady Lions joined the 2002-03 (16-0), 1999-2000 (15-0) and 1989-90 (15-0) squads as the only Penn State teams to reach the 15-win mark at home in a single season.
- The Penn State bench continued to make an impact, outscoring Ohio 28-6 on Friday night. For the season, PSU owns a plus-10.9 scoring margin off the bench.
- Penn State is playing in the Women's National Invitational Tournament for the third time in program history, owning a 5-1 record.
- The Lady Lions won the inaugural WNIT in 1998, defeating Baylor in Waco, Texas, 59-56, to claim the title.
- Penn State is looking to improve its ledger all-time vs. Fordham, entering with a 3-0 mark all-time vs. the Rams. MORE ON PAGE 4
- Of the three previous meetings, the first-ever meeting came in the opening round of the 1994 NCAA Tournament. Penn State claimed that contest, 94-41, in University Park.
Last Time Out -- at Penn State 74, Ohio 65 (WNIT - March 17, 2017)
- Sierra Moore's 20 points marked a season-high and just her second career 20-point game. Her only other 20-point game was a career-high 21 tallies vs. Wagner on Dec. 7, 2014.
- The eight made field goals for Moore tie Helen Darling's Penn State WNIT record vs. Villanova on March 13, 1998.
- The Pennsylvania native also grabbed six rebounds, three of them offensive.
- Moore has now scored in double-digits in eighth-straight games and 20 times in 2016-17.
- With her first basket of the game, senior Kaliyah Mitchell surpassed the 900-point mark and ended the night with 906 career points.
- Mitchell also grabbed 10 rebounds for her fifth 10-plus rebound game this season and 18th of her career.
- True freshman Jaida Travascio-Green moved into a tie for No. 4 on the freshman single season 3-pointers made charts with her 42nd connection from distance, tying Jess Strom (2001-02).
- True freshman Siyeh Frazier set a career high with 10 points on 4-of-5 shooting from the field and also collected two rebounds. It was the first time in her career she's scored in double figures.
- Sophomore Teniya Page's 11 points make it 14-straight games in double figures and 27 of 29 games in 2016-17.
- Page was one rebound short of her first career double-double for the second time this season, pulling down a career-high-tying nine boards. She also had nine rebounds at Illinois on Feb. 14, 2017.
- Page's three assists moved her career total to 236, moving her into No. 22 on the all-time list, passing Jenny Kretchmar who has 234 from 1990-93.
- Redshirt freshman Amari Carter tallied 12 points, her sixth double-figure scoring game of the season and first since January 11, 2017 at No .3/3 Maryland.
- Sophomore Jaylen Williams tied Penn State's WNIT record with two blocked shots, equaling Andrea Garner's two swats at Baylor in the 1998 WNIT Championship game.
- Penn State posted program-bests for points (74), free throws attempted (24), rebounds (49) and blocked shots (5) in a WNIT contest.
- The Lady Lions also tied the program record for field goals made (28), free throws made (15) and 3-pointers attempted (15) in a WNIT contest.
Last Meeting - at Penn State 75, Fordham 59 (Nov. 15, 2015)
- Head coach Coquese Washington notched her 150th career victory -- all coming at Penn State -- with the 75-59 win over Fordham.
- Candice Agee tallied 3 blocks to move her career total to 93 rejections, pushing her past of Bethany Collins and into 11th place all-time in Penn State history.
- Brianna Banks scored a game- and then-career-high 22 points, to mark her third career 20-point game.
- Peyton Whitted led the way attacking the glass with a game-high 11 rebounds and finished with nine points.
- Whitted dished out a career high of seven assists.
- Kaliyah Mitchell reached the 400-point plateau after scoring 15 points, ending the night with 409 career points.
- Teniya Page played a team-high 38 minutes while totaling 11 points and six assists.
- Page opened the season with back-to-back games of at least 10 points and five assists.
- After going down 6-0 with 5:50 to go in the first quarter, Penn State allowed only one basket and two free throws while going on a 21-4 run in the next 10 minutes of action.
- The Lady Lions turned the ball over just eight times. It was their lowest total in a game since they turning the ball over just seven times against Wisconsin on Feb. 16, 2014.
- Penn State started a season 2-0 for the ninth time in the last 10 seasons. The Lady Lions have begun a season 3-0 during six of those seasons.