|Follow PSU Women's Basketball:||Follow @PennStateWBB|
UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. -- Playing its best basketball in March is always the goal for head coach Coquese Washington and the Penn State women's basketball program and for the first time since 2013-14 the Lady Lions will return to the national postseason after being selected for an at-large berth in the 2017 Women's National Invitational Tournament (WNIT).
The 64-team tournament is a single-elimination event with all games played at sites of host schools. The first round will kick off Wednesday, March 15, with the event culminating on Saturday, April 1 with the championship game. More information on the event can be found at www.womensnit.com.
The Lady Lions will make their third appearance in the WNIT in school history and host Ohio University in the first round of the event on Friday, March 17 at 7 p.m. inside the Bryce Jordan Center. With Penn State's selection to the WNIT, the program has bid to host the first four rounds of the event and information on ticket sales is below.
The host site for each game is selected by the WNIT committee and based on several factors and information will be provided as it becomes available.
- Public single game tickets will go on sale at 2 p.m. on Tuesday, March 14 via 1-800-NITTANY and ticketmaster.com.
- Beginning at 10 p.m. on Monday, March 13, season ticket holders can log-in to their Penn State Account Manager and purchase tickets in their regular season ticket location. Season ticket holders will need to purchase all four games to guarantee their seat location at this time. Deadline to secure your seat location is Noon on Wednesday, March 15.
- Season ticket holders wishing to secure additional tickets for single games, along with Nittany Lion Club members can log-in to their Penn State Account Manager and purchase single game tickets through an exclusive pre-sale until Noon on Tuesday, March 14.
- At 8 a.m. on Tuesday, March 14, 1-800-NITTANY will also be open to take phone orders for season ticket holders and Nittany Lion Club members. Keep in mind that if Penn State's campus is closed the 1-800-NITTANY phone number may be unavailable.
- Electronic delivery of purchased tickets is strongly encouraged.
- Pricing (listed as per-game price):
- Public/Single Game Tickets: Courtside ($25), Sideline ($15), Baseline ($12)
- Season Ticket Holders to receive a discounted price on their season ticket location
- Student Single Game Tickets: Round 1 -- Free w/ Penn State ID, Round 2-4 is $5 per game
* - Penn State has bid to host the first four rounds of the event and season ticket holders will need to purchase all four games to guarantee their regular season seat location for each game. If Penn State does not host all four games, patrons will be reimbursed for the remaining games.
- Penn State claimed the first-ever WNIT Championship with a 59-56 victor over Baylor on March 24, 1998 in Waco, Texas.
- Penn State has appeared in two previous WNIT events, winning the inaugural event in 1998 and appearing again in 2010.
- The Lady Lions are 4-1 all-time in the event, including a 3-1 record at home.
- In the last appearance in the WNIT, Penn State fell, 76-68, to Hofstra on March 18, 2010.