|Follow PSU Women's Basketball:||Follow @PennStateWBB|
UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. -The Penn State women's basketball program will return to the Bryce Jordan Center against Minnesota on Wednesday (Feb. 8) inside the Bryce Jordan Center. The Lady Lions welcome the Golden Gophers of the midweek tilt at 7 p.m. and tickets are still available by calling 1-800-NITTANY.
- Coquese's Drive Thank You Game
- Halftime: M Twirling Team
- Ticket Promotions: 4 for $44 (4 tickets + $20 concession voucher)
- Postgame Autographs: Leah Knizner, Peyton Whitted
- Fans can follow along with Wednesday's game on Twitter (@PennStateWBB), or via live stats, live video or live audio with the links to the right.
Inside the PDF
- Ranking No. 14 in the NCAA, redshirt freshman Amari Carter sits NO. 3 in the Big Ten in assist-to-turnover ratio. MORE ON PAGE 3, 12 & 30
- Sophomore Teniya Page registered a career-high 32 points on Feb. 1 at Ohio State, canning six 3-pointers and going 10-of-10 from the free throw line. MORE ON PAGE 8, 14 & 36
- True freshman Jaida Travascio-Green continues to move up the freshmen 3-pointers made charts after passing the 35-make mark at Northwestern. MORE ON PAGE 3, 13 & 50
- Penn State has posted three-straight games with 10-or-fewer turnover, marking the only time in program history that has occurred. MORE ON PAGE 15
- In the classroom, the quartet of Sarah McMurtry, Kaliyah Mitchell, Lindsey Spann and Peyton Whitted all earned Dean's List honors in the fall semester. MORE ON PAGE 17
- Penn State became the 16th program in NCAA women's Division I basketball to earn 900 program wins on Nov. 13 vs. Saint Peter's. MORE ON PAGE 15 & 18
- Penn State and Minnesota will meet for the 43rd time in program history. MORE ON PAGE 5
The Lady Lions are 27-15 all-time against the Golden Gophers, but Minnesota has won each of the last three meetings.
Every meeting between the two schools has come as members of the Big Ten Conference.
The first meeting between the two schools came on January 12, 1992 in Minneapolis, with Penn State claiming a 75-64 victory.
- Minnesota enters the game with a 12-11 overall record and a 3-7 mark in Big Ten play.
- The Golden Gophers are averaging 75.5 points per game and own a narrow plus-0.6 scoring margin on the season.
- Though the rebounding margin is slight, Minnesota ranks No. 6 nationally in rebounding at 44.7 rebounds per game. The Gophers also sit No. 2 nationally with 16 offensive boards per game.
- Minnesota averages 16.3 turnovers per game, while forcing just 14.9 missteps per contest.
- Carlie Wagner enters the game averaging a team-best 20.3 points per game to rank No. 14 nationally and No. 3 in the Big Ten.
- Jessie Edwards is currently adding a team-best 37 blocked shots and 7.2 rebounds per game.
- Kenisha Bell leads the team with 121 assists and 46 steals on the season, adding 11.1 points per game.
- Gadiva Hubbard is the third Gopher averaging in double-figures, sitting at 13.4 points per game..
Last Five Games
- Penn State is 3-2 overall in the last five games, averaging 76.0 points per contest, while allowing 70.4 points, making the scoring margin plus-5.6 points per game
- The Lady Lions are plus-4.6 on the boards over the last five games, averaging 41.2 rebounds per game, including 12.8 rebounds on the offensive glass.
- Penn State has 70 assists, 35 steals and 22 blocked shots over the last five games.
- Teniya Page is averaging 20.4 points per game over her last five contests - all starts - and has added 22 assists (4.4 apg) and 18 boards (3.6 rpg).
- Page is shooting 23-of-24 from the free throw line (.958) and 13-of-26 from 3-point range (.500).
- Also averaging in double-figures over the last five games are Sierra Moore (11.4 ppg) and Kaliyah Mitchell (10.0).
- Amari Carter is adding 19 assists, while Moore is leading the way on the boards with 6.6 rebounds per game.
Last Time Out -- Penn State 74, at Northwestern 58 (Feb. 5, 2017)
- Teniya Page logged a team-best 18 points and eight assists, leading the team in both categories in the same game for the 12th time in her career.
- Page went 7-of-7 from the free throw line and has made 17-straight free throws dating back to her last miss at Indiana (1/23).
- Page's eight assists give her 213 for her career, moving her into No. 27 all-time at Penn State, passing teammate Lindsey Spann (210).
- Jaida Travascio-Green reached double-digits in the scoring column for the fifth time this season with 12 points.
- Travascio-Green notched three 3-pointres to move her season total to 36 makes from distance, moving her into a tie for No. 7 on the freshman 3-pointers made charts with teammate Teniya Page (2015-16).
- Kaliyah Mitchell grabbed nine rebounds to move her career total 632 boards, which is tied for No. 20 all-time at Penn State with Mia Nickson (2011-13).
- Mitchell added 12 points for her eighth double-figure scoring game of the season.
- Sierra Moore scored 10 points for her 13th double-figure scoring game of the season.
- Peyton Whitted was the first Lady Lion in double-figures, finishing with 12 tallies to mark her fifth game this season with 10-plus points.
- Penn State won its 12th straight game over the Wildcats, tying for the Lady Lions longest winning streak against a Big Ten Conference team during their tenure on the conference. It ties streaks vs. Northwestern (1998-2004) and Minnesota (1995-2003).
- It was the first Big Ten game with five players scoring 10-plus points since last season at Northwestern on Feb. 17, 2016..
Last Meeting - at Minnesota 98, Penn State 85 (Jan. 3, 2016)
- Lindsey Spann scored a career-high 30 points, becoming the first Lady Lion to score 30-plus points since Maggie Lucas netted 32 points vs. Indiana on Feb. 13, 2014.
- Spann became just the 15th player in school history to record a 30-point game.
- The seven made three-pointers by Spann are the most by a Penn State player since Lucas notched seven made three pointers on March 9, 2013 against Michigan State.
- Brianna Banks reached double-digits in the scoring column for the sixth straight game with 13 points.
- Teniya Page scored 16 points to reach the 10-point plateau for the 11th time in 13 career games.
- Peyton Whitted notched 10 points and seven rebounds and posted her seventh game in 2015-16 with at least 10 points and seven boards.
- Kaliyah Mitchell added a career-high-tying four assists against the Gophers.
- The Lady Lions fell to 13-11 in Big Ten road openers, including a 2-3 mark against Minnesota.
- Penn State placed four players in double figures for the eighth time in 2015-16.
- The 11 made three pointers were the most since Nov. 30, 2011 when the Lady Lions netted 14 made triples.
- Penn State handed out 15 assists to mark the 11th time in 13 games it reached the 10-assist plateau in a game.
- Penn State will honor its three seniors in a pregame ceremony prior to facing off with Purdue at 2 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 11. The Lady Lion program will honor Sierra Moore, Kaliyah Mitchell and Peyton Whitted pregame.