|Follow PSU Football:||Follow @PennStateFball|
Nov. 27, 2010
- Since the start of the 2005 season, Penn State is 58-18 (76.3), good for the nation's No. 10 winning streak entering this weekend. The Nittany Lions have won 60 of their last 78 games overall.
- Joe Paterno has a 401-134-3 record in his 45th season as head coach. Paterno's teams are 99-60 all-time in games vs. Big Ten opponents; 90-54 since starting conference play in 1993.
- Penn State may have an opportunity to play in its 25th New Year's bowl game under Joe Paterno, who has a 17-7 record in New Year's bowls. Paterno is the all-time leader in bowl victories (24) and appearances (36).
- Penn State leads the series with Michigan State, 14-13-1. Since joining the Big Ten in 1993, Penn State leads the series 13-5. Michigan State snapped an eight-game losing streak in Beaver Stadium, winning for the first time since the Nittany Lions began conference play. Penn State and Michigan State will not play for at least the next two years, as they will be in separate divisions in the conference starting in 2011.
- Penn State and Michigan State have combined to score 1,110 points in their 18 Big Ten games, an average of 61.7 ppg. The Nittany Lions have scored 630 points (35.0 ppg) and the Spartans have 480 points (26.7 ppg).
-The last time that the Nittany Lions lost the home finale was in 1999, when Penn State dropped a 31-27 decision to Michigan. The last time that Penn State dropped the last game of the regular season at home was a 31-11 loss to Pittsburgh in 1984.
- Penn State falls to 19-2 on Senior Day since 1990, with the lone losses coming in 1999 (Michigan) and vs. Michigan State (2010).
-Penn State had season-highs in both penalties (eight) and penalty yardage (67 yards). The previous highs were against Northwestern (six penalties for 59 yards).
- QB Matt McGloin threw for 312 yards, his fourth 200-yard passing game in five starts this season. His 312 yards are the 12th best single-game mark at Penn State.
-McGloin's back-to-back 300-yard passing games mark the first time in Penn State history that a quarterback has passed for more than 300 yards in consecutive games. McGloin threw for 315 yards last week against Indiana and 312 yards vs. the Spartans.
- Matt McGloin's career-high 43 pass attempts were the most by a Penn State quarterback since Zack Mills had 49 attempts against Purdue in 2004. The last time that a Penn State quarterback had at least 40 pass attempts was Daryll Clark with 40 attempts in the 2009 season opener.
-McGloin had a career-high 23 completions. His previous best was 22 last week against Indiana. It was the most completions by a Penn State quarterback since Daryll Clark had 29 completions in the season opener last year against Akron.
-With his two touchdown passes and one interception, McGloin now has a touchdown to interception ratio of 13-4 in his career.
- WR Derek Moye had five catches for 65 yards, giving him 99 in his career. He is in 11th place on the Penn State career receptions list.
- WR Derek Moye has 48 catches this season, good for a tie for 7th place on the Penn State receptions list with three others and his total from 2009.
- WR Dere Moye has 1,662 career receiving yardage, good for 12th on the school list.
-WR Derek Moye has 48 catches for 806 yards this season. He moves into 12th place in the Penn State single season receiving yardage records. He passed O.J. McDuffie, who had 790 yards in 1991, and his own performance of 785 receiving yards from last season.
-Moye also forced and recovered his first fumble of his career late in the fourth quarter.
-WR Justin Brown set career highs in catches and receiving yards with his six receptions for 106 yards, his first 100-yard receiving game. His previous best in yardage was 84 vs. Temple earlier this season, while his previous career high in catches was five at Ohio State, also earlier this season.
- LB Nate Stupar made a game-high tying 10 tackles for his second consecutive double figure tackle game and third in his career.
- LB Chris Colasanti made a game-high tying 10 tackles for his fourth career double figure tackle game, all this season.
- LB Chris Colasanti becomes 21st different Nittany Lion to record at least 100 tackles in a season. He has a team-high 102 tackles, good for No. 5 in the Big Ten.
-LB Bani Gbadyu had a career-best tying eight tackles. It was the third time that Gbadyu had eight tackles in a single game; the last time was against Youngstown State earlier this year.
-DT Ollie Ogbu had a career-high seven tackles, including one tackle-for-loss, giving him a team-high 8.5 TFL this season. His previous best was six tackles against Akron last season.
-DE Kevion Latham recovered the first fumble of his career in the fourth quarter.
- PK Collin Wagner booted his 19th field goal of the season, moving him into a tie with Ray Tarasi (1989) for eighth place in a single season. It also the 35th of Wagner's career, moving him into a tie for ninth place with Chris Bahr.
- Eighteen Penn State seniors played their final game in Beaver Stadium. The senior class has a record of 38-13 starting with the 2007 season.
- Penn State played a home game after Thanksgiving for the first time since hosting Michigan State in 1998.
- Top Videos
Football Set for a Pair of BTN Primetime Games
DT Tarow Barney Joins New York Jets as Undrafted Free Agent
Penn State Uplifting Athletes to Auction Autographed Footballs from Blue-White Game
Nittany Lion Club Presale for Football Single Game Tickets Begins May 10
Levi Brown Still Maximizing Opportunity by Earning Third Degree
Kyle Carter Signs with Minnesota Vikings as Undrafted Free Agent
Penn State White Out Game vs. Ohio State Set for Primetime
Trevor Williams Signs with San Diego Chargers as Undrafted Free Agent