Post Game Notes
|Follow PSU Football:||Follow @PennStateFball|
Nov. 14, 2009
- Penn State has won 19 of its last 20 games on Senior Day, including 10 in a row since losing to Michigan in 1999.
- With its ninth win of the season, Penn State clinched its 29th season with at least nine wins since Joe Paterno became head coach in 1966.
- Joe Paterno improved his FBS record win total to 392. He has a 392-129-3 (75.1) record.
- The Nittany Lions are 11-1 in their next game after a loss since the start of the 2005 season, 12-1 if including the 2009 season opening win over Akron.
- Penn State has a 49-13 (79.0) record since the start of the 2005 season, the nation's No. 9 winning percentage.
- The Nittany Lions have won 33 of their last 37 games (89.2) in Beaver Stadium dating to the 2004 Senior Day win over Michigan State.
- Penn State, Alabama and Oklahoma are the nation's only teams ranked in the Top 20 in all six of the primary defensive categories. The Nittany Lions also lead the nation in Red Zone defense (64 pct., 16 of 25 - 9 TD, 7 FG).
- The Nittany Lions are No. 4 nationally in scoring defense (11.6 ppg), No. 8 in rushing defense (93.9 ypg), No. 9 in total defense (272.0 ypg), No. 17 in pass defense (178.1 ypg), No. 7 in tackles for losses (91, 8.3 avg.) and No. 9 in sacks (34, 3.1 avg.).
- Penn State leads the Big Ten in scoring defense, tackles for loss and sacks, is second in rushing and total defense and third in pass defense.
- Penn State has not allowed a 100-yard rusher in the last 14 games. Entering this weekend's games, there were six teams in the nation that had not allowed a 100-yard rusher this season.
- Penn State has held six teams to 65 rushing yards or less this season. Indiana gained 48 yards on 24 carries.
- Penn State tied a season low for number of penalties with two vs. the Hoosiers. The Nittany Lions had two against Syracuse. The 10 penalty yards by Penn State were a season-low and the fewest penalty yards since having zero last year at Ohio State.
- LB Navorro Bowman's 73-yard interception return for a touchdown was the first for Penn State since Nolan McCready returned one 76 yards at Illinois in 2005. It was Bowman's second interception of the season and third of his career.
- Navorro Bowman is the first Penn State player to have two defensive scores in a season for the Nittany Lions since cornerback Tony Davis had two fumble returns for touchdowns in 2006 (against Illinois and Tennessee).
- Navorro Bowman had a team-high 12 tackles, giving him his third game of the season with at least 10 tackles (13 vs. Iowa, 11 at Michigan). He has eight career double figure tackle games.
- LB Josh Hull made eight tackles, giving him 103 for the season to become the 20th different Nittany Lion player all-time to record at least 100 tackles in a season. Penn State has had at least one player with 100 tackles for eight consecutive seasons.
- LB Sean Lee had 10 tackles, giving him five games this season with at least 10 tackles (13 vs. Syracuse, 12 vs. Temple, 12 at Northwestern, 14 vs. Ohio State). Lee also had a career-high four pass breakups today.
- Sean Lee has 312 career tackles, good for fifth place at Penn State. Brian Gelzheiser is fourth with 315.
- When Penn State reached the Indiana 20 in the first quarter but did not score, it ended a streak of 27 consecutive scores by Penn State (20 touchdowns, 7 field goals) when the Nittany Lions had entered the opponent's red zone. The last time that Penn State had not scored when in the red zone was when they finished the game at Syracuse's 10-yard line in the second game of the season.
- Senior Daryll Clark is the only Big Ten quarterback ranked in the top four in the conference in pass efficiency (2nd, 139.7), total offense (3rd, 243.1) and passing yardage (4th, 225.2 ypg). Clark's 19 touchdown passes lead the conference.
- Daryll Clark is 20-4 as Penn State's starting quarterback.
- QB Daryll Clark's two touchdown responsible for (one passing, one rushing) moved him into a tie for fourth place in the Penn State annals with 25 touchdowns responsible for this season. He is tied with Todd Blackledge (1981) and Tony Sacca (1991).
- Clark extended his career marks for touchdowns responsible for to 60 (38 pass, 22 rush) and quarterback rushing touchdowns (22).
- Clark moved into a tie for fourth place in the single-season touchdown passes chart with 19. He is tied with Doug Strang (1983), Anthony Morelli (2007), and his own total from last season.
- Clark also moved into sole possession of fifth place with 38 touchdown passes for his career. He trails Kerry Collins (39 touchdown passes) for fourth place. The record is 41, held by three players.
- Clark moved into fifth place in the single season passing yardage chart with 2,477 yards. He trails Tony Sacca (2,488 yards in 1991) for fourth place.
- Clark's 17 completions vs. IU give him 179 this season moving him into sixth place at Penn State for completions in a single season. He trails Zack Mills (188 in 2002) for fifth place.
- Clark has 407 completions in his career, good for third place at Penn State. Clark trails Anthony Morelli (460 completions) for second place.
- Clark's 223 yards of total offense (194 passing, 29 rushing) give him 2,674 yards for the season, which is good for third place at Penn State. He trails his own mark of 2,874 yards from last season for second place.
- Safety Drew Astorino had a career-high 10 tackles.
- WR Curtis Drake had a season-best 26-yard rush in the second quarter.
- FB Joe Suhey tied a career-high with four catches. He had four earlier this season against Akron.
- P Jeremy Boone maintained his first place marks in Penn State career and season punting average. For his career, Boone is averaging 43.2 yards per punt on 135 boots. This season, he is averaging 44.1 yards per punt on 41 kicks.
- Fifth-year senior WR Patrick Mauti made his first career start.
- Penn State leads the series with Indiana, 13-0.
- The last time that Penn State allowed 10 points in the first quarter of a game was when it allowed 10 in the opening stanza to Michigan last season.
- The last time that the Nittany Lions committed three turnovers in the first quarter was three fumbles against Michigan State on Senior Day uin 2006. Penn State won that game 17-13. Penn State had three turnovers in the fourth quarter against Iowa earlier this year.
- Penn State allowed 298 yards passing today, the most since giving up 413 yards passing to USC in the 2009 Rose Bowl.
- Indiana had 52 pass attempts, the most by a Penn State opponent since Michigan State had 62 in 2006. The 52 pass attempts is the 11th highest total by a Penn State opponent since Joe Paterno became head coach in 1966.
- Indiana had 32 pass completions, tied for the seventh-most by a Penn State opponent since 1966. The last team to have at least 32 completions against Penn State was when Michigan State had 32 last season.
- Penn State will travel to Michigan State (6-5, 4-3) on Saturday at 3:30 p.m. in the regular season finale. The game will be for the Land Grant Trophy and will be televised regionally on ABC and air on ESPN outside the ABC coverage area. The Spartans rallied to win at Purdue, 40-37 on Saturday.
- Top Videos
McSorley, Defense Lead Blue to Shutout Victory Over White, 37-0
VIDEO: 2016 Blue-White James Franklin Postgame Interview
FEATURE: Nittany Lions Wrap Up Spring with Eye on Regular Season
VIDEO: 2016 Blue-White Postgame Player Interviews
2016 Blue-White Gameday Preview
Spring Football Position Breakdown - Quarterbacks
Spring Football: Post-Practice Press Conference (4/13/16)
Penn State Finalizes Blue-White Game Day Parking & Traffic Details