Nov. 13, 2010
Final Stats |
- Penn State has a 57-17 (77.0) record since 2005, the nation's No. 10 winning percentage over the past six seasons.
- The Nittany Lions have a 9-4 road record the past three years, including an 8-3 mark in Big Ten road games.
- Penn State became the first team to play three BCS winners from the previous season on the road, playing at Alabama, Iowa and Ohio State this year.
- Penn State entered the game 15th in nation in fewest sacks allowed and did not allow a sack against Ohio State's top 5 defense.
- Penn State's 14 first half points surpassed the most it had previously scored in a Big Ten game in Columbus. Penn State's previous high was 13 in a 13-6 win in 2008.
- Penn State's 14 first half points surpassed Ohio State's season defensive average of 13.6 ppg allowed, which ranked No. 3 in the nation coming into the game.
- Penn State posted 212 yards in the first half, but finished with 272. Ohio State entered the game ranked No. 3 in the nation allowing 234.2 yards per game.
- WR Justin Brown made his first touchdown catch on a 23-yard completion from Matt McGloin in the first quarter.
- WR Justin Brown set a career-high with five receptions, good for 64 yards.
- Matt McGloin was 13 of 18 for 141 yards, 2 TD and 0 Int. in the first half, including a string of nine consecutive completions.
- Over the past three games, Matt McGloin is 50 of 87 (57.5) for 634 yards, with seven touchdowns and two interceptions. He has led Lions to 90 points in last three games.
- The Matt McGloin to Justin Brown touchdown pass in the first quarter was Penn State's first in Columbus since Pete Liske hit Bill Bowes for a 13-yard TD in the third quarter of a 1963 contest Penn State won 10-7. The play ended a string of 45 quarters without a TD pass in Columbus spanning 11 full games.
- Prior to the McGloin-Brown TD pass, Penn State's last TD pass vs Ohio State in any game was a Zack Mills to Sean McHugh completion at Beaver Stadium in 2003.
- WR Derek Moye hauled in his team-leading fifth TD catch of the season and 12th of his career in the second quarter from Matt McGloin.
- Moye moved into 13th in career receptions moving his career total to 88. Moye passed Ted Kwalick (86) and Andrew Quarless (87) and tied Chafie Field (88) and Tony Hunt (88) on the day. Next up is Freddie Scott (93) in 12th.
- Safety Malcolm Willis' fourth quarter interception of Terrelle Pryor on Penn State's 2-yard line was his first career interception.
- Ohio State's 96-yard TD drive in the third quarter was second-longest against Penn State this season. Alabama went 97 yards for a TD in Tuscaloosa.
- Collin Wagner did not attempt a field goal for the first time in 12 games (vs. Ohio State in 2009).
- Anthony Fera averaged 44.2 yards on six punts, with a long of 54 yards and one punt downed at the OSU 4.
- Penn State meets Indiana on Saturday, Nov. 20 at FedExField in Landover, Md. The Nittany Lions will be playing in metro Washington, D.C. for the first time since a 1993 game at Maryland. Penn State leads the series with the Hoosiers, 13-0, posting a 31-20 win in Beaver Stadium in 2009.