|Follow PSU Football:||Follow @PennStateFball|
Nov. 12, 2011
- The 15 men to have served as Penn State's head football coach are 10-4-1 in the first game as head coach.
- Penn State had its seven-game winning streak snapped, including wins in its first five Big Ten games. Penn State is atop the Leaders Division with a 5-1 record. Wisconsin is second at 4-2.
- The Nittany Lions are 66-21 (75.9) since the start of the 2009 season. Penn State was tied for the nation's No. 9 winning percentage over past seven years entering last week's games
- The Penn State -Nebraska series is tied, 7-7 and the teams will play annually starting with Saturday's game. The Nittany Lions are 5-2 vs. the Cornhuskers at home.
- Nebraska is No. 4 nationally with 845 wins and Penn State is No. 5 with 826 wins.
- Since starting Big Ten play in 1993, Penn State is 14-8 in the game following a bye week.
- Twenty-three Penn State seniors played their final home game. Penn State is 19-3 in Senior Day games since 1990.
- The Nittany Lions are 6-1 in games decided by 10 points or less and 4-1 in games decided by seven points or less.
- All six of Penn State's Big Ten games have been decided by 10 points or less. In the 116-year history of the Big Ten, the Nittany Lions were the first team to win five consecutive conference games by 10 points or less.
- The Nittany Lions held Nebraska to half its season average of 34.7 ppg entering game and to 331 yards, nearly 80 yards below its season average (412.2).
- The Penn State defense is ranked in Top 10 in scoring (3rd, 12.9); total (8th, 287.2); pass (5th, 167.7) and pass efficiency defense (4th, 96.05) through Nov. 12 games
-- Penn State, LSU, Alabama & Michigan State are the only teams ranked in Top 10 nationally in total, scoring, pass and pass efficiency defense (Nov. 13 rankings)
- The Nittany Lions have held eight opponents to 18 points or less this season. Penn State came in to the game No. 3 nationally in scoring defense at 12.4 ppg.
- Senior TB Stephfon Green scored two rushing touchdowns in a game for the second time in his career. The other time came in his first home game, the 2008 season opener vs. Coastal Carolina
- DT Devon Still's forced fumble in the fourth quarter was the first of his career and DT Jordan Hill recovered his second fumble of the season and his career.
- The Nittany Lions have forced 23 turnovers (14 INT, 9 Fmb) this season after forcing 17 in 2010. Penn State leads the Big Ten and is No. 14 nationally in turnovers caused.
- Penn State did not force more than one turnover for just the third time this season.
- DT Devon Still leads the Big Ten in solo TFL (15) and is second overall with 16.5 TFL. He had 1.0 TFL, 6 tackles (4 solo) and a forced fumble vs. the Cornhuskers.
- LB Nate Stupar made a career-high 13 tackles. His previous high was 12 vs. Akron in 2009. Stupar is the fourth different Penn State LB with double figure tackles in a game this season.
- QB Matt McGloin made the first reception of his career late in the fourth quarter, a 16-yard grab, that led to Stephfon Green's 6-yard touchdown run to draw Penn State within 17-14.
-WR Curtis Drake's completion to Matt McGloin in the fourth quarter was the second of his career. He tossed a touchdown pass to Andrew Quarless against Michigan State in 2009.
- At least 317 Penn State football lettermen attended the game.
- A total of 589 media credentials were distributed for the game.
- Penn State plays its final two regular season games on the road vs. Leaders Division foes Ohio State and Wisconsin. The PSU-OSU game will kick at 3:30 p.m. on Saturday and air on ABC (ESPN outer markets)