|Follow PSU Football:||Follow @PennStateFball|
Nov. 3, 2012
Penn State Football Post-Game Notes
@ Purdue Nov. 3, 2012
- Penn State is off to a 3-0 start in Big Ten road game for the seventh time. The Nittany Lions were 4-0 in Big Ten road games in 1994 and 2009.
- Penn State allowed its initial first quarter points of the season with 12:59 remaining in the first half on a Purdue field goal. The Nittany Lions were the last team in the FBS to have not allowed a first quarter point entering the game. The streak lasted 122:01 minutes of elapsed first quarter time.
- With 10 first quarter points, Penn State has out-scored its opponents 76-3 in the opening 15 minutes this season.
- The Nittany Lions have out-scored the opposition 137-33 in the first half this season after taking a 20-3 advantage into the locker room at Purdue.
- With the Purdue field goal opening the scoring, it is the first time this season that Penn State did not score first.
- In Big Ten play this season, Penn State is averaging 33.8 points per game and has tallied at least 34 points in four of their five conference tilts.
- Penn State has a 107-30 scoring edge in its three Big Ten road wins, posting 35 at Illinois, 38 at Iowa and tallying 34 at Purdue.
- The Nittany Lions gained a season-high 506 total yards, with season-bests in yards per rush (4.9) and yards per catch (14.6).
- Penn State's second scoring drive of the day was two plays in 0:25, marking the second shortest drive in elapsed time and tying the shortest drive in number of plays (Twice; at Iowa) on the year.
- With an 80-yard scoring drive in the third quarter the Nittany Lions now have 11 scoring drive of 80-yards or longer this season.
- QB Matt McGloin leads the Big Ten in Passing by 55 ypg (270.7 ypg), Comp. (211), T 1st in TD Passes (18), 3rd in Total Off. (271.2 ypg)
- QB Matt McGloin threw for 321 yards at Purdue - his second highest single game total one week after career-best 327 vs. Ohio State - and now has five 300-yard passing games in his career, breaking Kerry Collins' career record of four 300-yard passing games in a career.
- Matt McGloin has thrown for 200-yards or more in seven consecutive games, also breaking Kerry Collins' school record of six straight set in 1994.
- QB Matt McGloin broke his career-high for total offense with 339 yards. Previous high was 331 vs. Temple on Sept. 22.
- On the single season passing charts, McGloin is third in completions (211), fourth in attempts (340), sixth in passing yardage (2,436) and tied for eighth in touchdown passes (18) with Wally Richardson (1995).
- On the career passing charts, McGloin is third in completions (454), fourth in the passing yardage (5,555) and fifth in career passing touchdowns (40) and passing attempts (788).
- McGloin has 15 career 200-yard passing games and trails only Collins and Zack Mills (16) on the career charts.
- With five catches at Purdue, WR Allen Robinson moved into third place on the single season receptions charts with 57 catches in 2012. The sophomore moved past Terry Smith (1991) and Derrick Williams (2007), who each had 55 during their respective seasons, and trails only O.J. McDuffie (1992) and Bobby Engram (1995) who each had 63 catches.
- Allen Robinson leads the Big Ten with 57 receptions (6.3 pg), 689 rec. yds and 8 TD catches; he is 2nd in rec. ypg (76.6 ypg)
- WR Brandon Moseby-Felder posted a 42-yard catch in his third consecutive game when he hauled in a pass from QB Matt McGloin at the Purdue six-yard line. Moseby-Felder had a 42-yard catch in the third quarter versus No. 9 Ohio State and at Iowa.
- Moseby-Felder's six catches, 129 receiving yards and one touchdown all mark career-highs, besting his previous totals of five catches against Northwestern and 70-yards versus Ohio State last weekend. It was the first career TD catch for the junior.
- RB Zach Zwinak piled up a career-high and team season-high 134 rushing yards on just 21 carries. The sophomore averaged 6.4 yards per-carry.
- RB Michael Zordich recorded his first career multi-touchdown effort with a pair of scores in the in the first half.
- TE Jessie James' 35-yard catch and run is his longest career reception, besting a 31-yard catch at Iowa.
- WR Matt Zanellato's eight yard catch in the third quarter was the redshirt freshman's first career grab.
- PK Sam Ficken connected on a 27-yard field goal in the first quarter and a 24-yard attempt in the second quarter for the first multi-field goal game of his career.
- DE Deion Barnes forced his team-best third fumble of the season in the first quarter; Barnes is now tied for the Big Ten lead in forced fumbles.
- Saf Malcolm Willis recovering his first fumble of the year, second of his career.
- LB Gerald Hodges had three tackles for a loss on Saturday, tying his career-high set against Purdue in 2011.
- RB Derek Day posted a career-high four tackles.
- Penn State will conclude its road schedule next Saturday (Nov. 10) against Legends Division co-leader Nebraska. The game will be televised on ABC/ESPN2 from Memorial Stadium and is scheduled for a 3:30 ET/2:30 CT kickoff.
- Top Videos
Football Set for a Pair of BTN Primetime Games
DT Tarow Barney Joins New York Jets as Undrafted Free Agent
Penn State Uplifting Athletes to Auction Autographed Footballs from Blue-White Game
Nittany Lion Club Presale for Football Single Game Tickets Begins May 10
Levi Brown Still Maximizing Opportunity by Earning Third Degree
Kyle Carter Signs with Minnesota Vikings as Undrafted Free Agent
Penn State White Out Game vs. Ohio State Set for Primetime
Trevor Williams Signs with San Diego Chargers as Undrafted Free Agent