Penn State Notes - Post Iowa
|Follow PSU Football:||Follow @PennStateFball|
Oct. 3, 2010
Penn State Notes - Post Iowa
- The Nittany Lions are 54-15 (78.3) since the start of the 2005 season, the nation's No. 8 winning percentage.
- The Nittany Lions started just seven seniors - four on offense and three on defense. Iowa started 11 seniors, including six on defense.
- Penn State is 8-3 on the road over the past three seasons, including a 7-2 mark in Big Ten games.
- Penn State has won four of its last seven night games and is 17-9 in road night games.
- Senior tailback Evan Royster gained 56 yards on 10 carries and moved into fourth place on Penn State's career rushing list with 3,271 yards, passing D.J. Dozier (3,227) and Curtis Enis (3,256).
- Quarterback Rob Bolden recorded his fourth 200-yard passing game of the season, increasing his record for the most 200-yard games ever by a Penn State true freshman.
- In five games, Rob Bolden has already moved into a tie with Kevin Thompson for 13th place with four career 200-yard passing games.
- Rob Bolden tied his season high for completions with 20 against Iowa's No. 1 ranked defense. He also had 20 against Youngstown State.
- Wide receiver Brett Brackett's 49-yard reception to set up a field goal at the end of the first half was a career long catch for the senior co-captain.
- Sophomore WR Devon Smith tied his career-high with five receptions, good for 58 yards
- Sophomore WR Justin Brown tied his career-high for the second consecutive week with four catches, good for 42 yards
- Junior ChimA Okoli made his first career start at right tackle. He is the 13th different Nittany Lion to earn their first career start this season.
- Penn State recorded 9.0 TFL, its second-highest total of the season (10 TFL vs. Kent State)
- Senior MLB Chris Colasanti made a career-high 2.5 TFL
- Junior cornerback D'Anton Lynn tied his career-high with nine tackles.
- Junior safety Nick Sukay made his third interception of the season (fifth of his career) in the first quarter. He had made three of the Lions' last four interceptions at that point, including two the previous week vs. Temple.
- Junior safety Drew Astorino made a season-high eight tackles.
- Redshirt freshman Anthony Fera's 74-yard fourth quarter punt was the fourth-longest punt in Penn State history. It was the longest since a 78-yard Jeremy Kapinos punt at Ohio State in 2004.
- Penn State will host Illinois for its 91st Homecoming game on Saturday, Oct. 9. The Fighting Illini (2-2, 0-1) lost to No. 2 Ohio State, 24-13, on Saturday. The game will kick at 12:00 p.m. on ESPN2, the Penn State Sports Network and www.GoPSUsports.com
- Top Videos
Feature: Franklin, Nittany Lions Announce 2016 Signing Class
Franklin and Penn State Football Ink Top 25 Class
Extensive Signing Day Coverage Set for GoPSUsports.com
Quartet of Nittany Lions to Play in Pro Bowl Sunday
Record 56 Penn State Football Student-Athletes Post 3.0 GPA or Higher in Fall Semester
Nittany Lion Great Curt Warner Elected to West Virginia Sports Hall of Fame
Press Conference - Head Coach James Franklin (Season Review)
Carter and Zettel to Play in East-West Shrine Game