Sept. 27, 2009
Final Stats |
Photo Gallery 1 |
Photo Gallery 2 |
Photo Gallery 3
- The series between Penn State and Iowa is tied 11-11, with the visiting team having won 14 times in the 22 games.
- Penn State has won 30 of its last 33 games in Beaver Stadium. The Nittany Lions had won 11 consecutive home games, with the last loss coming to Ohio State on Oct. 27, 2007.
- The Nittany Lions are 35-21 overall in night games; 7-7 in Beaver Stadium.
- Penn State's 20-play, 10:17 field goal drive in the first quarter was the longest in terms of plays and time for the Lions in the Big Ten era (since 1993).
- Penn State has not given up a first-half touchdown this season.
- The Penn State defense has allowed only three touchdowns this season.
- Penn State had not allowed a safety since taking one intentionally against Indiana in 2004 (punter ran out of end zone late in the fourth quarter)
- In his first full game this season, Navorro Bowman recorded a career-high 13 tackles. He also had three tackles-for-loss for (minus-7) yards. Bowman had not played since the first quarter of the season opener vs. Akron.
- Josh Hull tied a career-high with 13 tackles, with 2.0 TFL, including a sack. He also made 13 tackles last week vs. Temple and had 11 stops two weeks ago vs. Syracuse.
- Nick Sukay recorded a career-high nine tackles. He also made a diving interception in the first quarter (first in career) and had a career-high four pass break-ups.
- Bani Gbadyu made his fourth career start and had a career-high seven tackles.
- Daryll Clark's 79-yard touchdown pass to Chaz Powell on Penn State's opening offensive play were their career longest pass and reception, respectively.
- The 79-yard touchdown pass by Penn State on the opening play was the longest pass by the Lions since Stephfon Green had an 80-yard TD reception last season against Michigan.
- Daryll's Clark's 198 passing yards give him 3,697 passing yards for his career, moving him into ninth place in the Penn State annals. Clark trails Kevin Thompson (3,710 yards) for eighth place. Clark also threw for one touchdown vs. Iowa, giving him 28 touchdown passes in his career, which ties him with Tom Shuman for seventh place at Penn State.
- Clark threw a career-high three interceptions. His previous high was two in the Rose Bowl against USC last season.
- Jack Crawford had a career-high five tackles.
- Eric Latimore also had a career-high four tackles tonight
- D'Anton Lynn recorded his first career sack in the third quarter.
- A.J. Wallace made a diving effort the second interception of his career late in the third quarter.
- The blocked punt by Iowa in the fourth quarter was the first punt that senior Jeremy Boone had blocked in his career. He had 109 previous punts in his career prior to the one that was blocked.
- The last time that the Lions allowed a blocked punt for a touchdown was against Iowa in 2003.
- The Nittany Lions lost a game when holding an opponent to 21 points or fewer for the first time since dropping a 14-9 decision at Michigan in 2007.
- Penn State plays at Illinois next Saturday in a 3:30 p.m. start. The game will be televised regionally on ABC and ESPN (outside the ABC coverage area).