|Follow PSU Football:||Follow @PennStateFball|
Rahne named offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach; Bowen to coach tight ends and Galiano to serve as special teams coordinator and assistant defensive line coach
James Franklin will be joined by nine head coaches and all nine assistant football coaches during the Coaches Caravan.
Press Conference Transcripts
Penn State Football Staff Has Extensive Familiarity and Recruiting Ties to Mid-Atlantic, South and East
Penn State Coach Quotes
• Rahne made a strong impression on James Franklin when they coached together at Kansas State in 2006-07 and he joined the Vanderbilt staff as quarterbacks coach in 2011.
• In 2016, Rahne’s tight end corps played an integral role in the Nittany Lions claiming their first Big Ten Championship since 1994.
• Rahne’s tight end protege Mike Gesicki collected All-Big Ten second team accolades after setting the Penn State record for receptions (48), receiving yards (679) and touchdown catches (5) by a tight end. The tight end receiving yardage record was set by All-American Ted Kwalick in 1977.
• Rahne worked with Christian Hackenberg, helping him break all major Penn State career passing records.
• Hackenberg is the only 8,000-yard passer in program history and finished his career as Penn State leader in career 300-yard passing games (9), 200-yard passing games (21), passing yards (8,457), attempts (1,235), completions (693), passing touchdowns (48) and total offense (8,215).
• Rahne’s passing attacks helped Vanderbilt wide receivers set SEC records and running backs post a pair of 1,000-yard seasons from 2011-13.
• In 2013, Austyn Carta-Samuels completed a superlative 68.7 percent of his passes (193-of-281), good for third nationally among FBS Autonomy 5 quarterbacks. He entered the Top 10 in Vanderbilt season history with 2,383 yards of total offense, despite missing three games.
• In 2012, Jordan Rodgers posted the fourth-highest passing yardage total in school history and logged the eighth-highest total offense yardage.
• Rahne spent five seasons at Kansas State, serving as the offensive graduate assistant (2006), where he worked with quarterback Josh Freeman, helping him become a first-round NFL draft choice.
• He also served as the Wildcats’ running backs (2007-08) and tight ends coach (2009-10) and helped the Wildcats earn two bowl berths.
• A former pupil, tight end Jeron Masturd, spent three seasons with the NFL’s Miami Dolphins and Oakland Raiders.
• Masturd was an All-Big 12 first team selection in 2009 and graduated as K-State’s all-time leader in receiving yards and receptions by a tight end.
• Rahne also has coached at Cornell, his alma mater, and Holy Cross, where he worked with Sean Spencer.
The Rahne File
Hometown: Morrison, Colo.
Alma Mater: Cornell University
Degree: Bachelors, industrial and labor relations
Family: wife, Jennifer; sons, Ryder and Jake
2014-current - Penn State (passing game coordinator/quarterbacks)
2011-13 - Vanderbilt (quarterbacks)
2009-10 - Kansas State (tight ends)
2007-08 - Kansas State (running backs)
2006 - Kansas State (offensive graduate assistant)
2005 - Cornell (running backs)
2004 - Holy Cross (assistant defensive line)