|Follow PSU Football:||Follow @PennStateFball|
• Michael Hazel is in his fourth year as the Nittany Lions’ Director of Football Operations.
• His primary responsibilities include overseeing football’s external operations, facilities and handling of Coach Franklin’s public appearances.
• Additionally, he serves as the program’s liaison to marketing, strategic communications and high school coaches.
• Hazel was a finalist for the Football Scoop Director of Operations of the Year in 2015 and 2016.
• Hazel also was a member of James Franklin’s staff at Vanderbilt University, serving as Director of Football Operations for three years. Hazel was a member of the Vanderbilt football staff from 2004-14, serving four seasons as Director of Football Operations, six as Assistant Director of Football Operations and one as a defensive graduate assistant.
• At Vanderbilt, Hazel was a part of more than half of the institution’s bowl games, including the school’s first bowl game in 26 years in 2008 and unprecedented back-to-back bowl victories the last two seasons.
• Before joining Vanderbilt, Hazel spent three seasons as a defensive graduate assistant at his alma mater, Elon University. Hazel was a four-year letterman at Elon, playing linebacker and contributing on special teams. He helped Elon to a 28-16 record as the program transitioned to Division I-AA and was an eight-time member of the Elon Athletic Director’s Honor Roll.
• Hazel, a native of Easley, South Carolina, and a graduate of Wren High School, holds two master’s degrees. He earned an M.Ed. in organizational leadership from Vanderbilt in 2007 and an MBA from Elon University in 2004. Hazel received his bachelor’s degree in corporate communications from Elon in 2001.
• Hazel and his wife, Molly, have a son, Ezra, and reside in State College.