|Follow PSU Football:||Follow @PennStateFball|
An interview with coach Franklin, coach Donovan, coach Shoop and coach Huff.
Press Conference Transcripts
Penn State Football Staff Has Extensive Familiarity and Recruiting Ties to Mid-Atlantic, South and East
Penn State Coach Quotes
• He oversees the performance enhancement regimen for all of Penn State’s 31 varsity programs and works directly with the football program.
• With more than 32 years of strength and conditioning experience at the collegiate level. Galt worked with James Franklin at Maryland for eight years, before joining him at Vanderbilt from 2011-13.
• Galt has played a significant role in the Nittany Lions’ 2016 Big Ten Championship run, as well as a trio of nine-plus win seasons under Franklin (1 at Penn State; 2 at Vanderbilt).
• Galt and his performance enhancement staff design and administer dynamic and diverse strength and power training, speed enhancement, flexibility, conditioning, and agility training programs to maximize each athlete’s athleticism.
• To bridge the gap between preparation and competition, Galt and his staff also focus on sport specificity, nutrition, and injury prevention to aggressively prepare each athlete for competition.
• He has helped train more than 30 former student-athletes who are active in the National Football League.
• Galt-trained athletes have consistently impressed NFL scouts, including tight end Vernon Davis, defensive end Shawn Merriman and receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey.
• Galt worked with a pair of Maryland’s ACC Championship football teams and also served as the conditioning coach for the Terps’ men’s basketball program.
• From 1993-2011, Galt was responsible for the strength and conditioning for the student-athletes in all 27 Maryland sports.
• Galt is a prestigious Master Strength and Conditioning Coach (MSCC), certified with the Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches’ Association.
• One of his twin sons, Dwight Galt IV, is in his sixth year at Penn State as a Performance Enhancement coach with the football program. His other twin son, Tommy, is the offensive line coach at VMI after spending two seasons as a graduate assistant football coach with the Nittany Lions.
2014-current - Penn State (Director of Performance Enhancement)
2011-13 - Vanderbilt (Director of Performance Enhancement)
1993-2011 - Maryland (Director of Strength and Conditioning)
1989-93 - Maryland (Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach)