|Follow PSU Men's Basketball:||Follow @PennStateMBB|
Dec. 11, 2012
UNIVERSITY PARK, PA.; DEC. 11, 2012 - An inside look at the Penn State men's basketball program, coaches and players will be the subject of "Penn State Basketball: In The Paint presented by Pepsi," a fast-paced 30-minute program that will debut the first of eight episodes on Dec. 14 and 15.
Penn State Public Broadcasting will produce the program, which will be televised on WPSU-TV, across the Commonwealth and markets in the Mid-Atlantic. The program includes feature stories and highlights from Penn State contests throughout the season as well as an intimate look at Nittany Lion basketball, including exclusive interviews with Coach Patrick Chambers, members of the basketball staff and team members and behind the scenes access from pre-season through the end of the season.
WPSU-TV also produces "Penn State Football 2012 - The Next Chapter" and the Emmy Award-winning "Courtside With Coquese," chronicling the Lady Lion Basketball team, in partnership with Penn State Athletics. PSPB serves central Pennsylvania with programming, educational services and community outreach. Penn State Public Broadcasting is part of Penn State Outreach, which serves more than 5 million people each year in all 67 Pennsylvania counties, all 50 states and more than 100 countries worldwide.
"Penn State Basketball: In The Paint" will air eight episodes throughout the Nittany Lions season and will be televised throughout Pennsylvania and regional sports cable networks and channels in the Mid-Atlantic.
The outlets carrying "Penn State Basketball: In The Paint" are:
- WPSU-TV, Ch. 3 (State College/Central Pa.): o Sundays at 12:00 p.m. & 11:30 p.m.;
- WTAJ-TV, Ch. 10 (State College, Altoona, Johnstown): o Sundays at 11:35 p.m.;
- WLYH-TV, Ch. 15 (Harrisburg, Lancaster, York, Reading): o Sundays at 12:30 p.m.;
- WNEP-TV, Ch. 16 (Scranton/Wilkes-Barre): o Sundays at 11:30 a.m.;
- WFMZ-TV, Ch. 69 (Allentown, Bethlehem, Easton): o Sundays at 10 a.m.;
- WFXP-TV, Ch. 66 (Erie): o Sundays at 11:30 a.m.;
- Root Sports (Western Pa./Eastern Ohio/W. Va.): o Debut Saturday, Dec. 15 at 2:00 p.m.
o Rest of season: Sundays at 12:00 p.m. & Tuesdays at 2:00 p.m.;
- CSN-Philadelphia (Eastern Pa./New Jersey/Delaware): o Fridays at 4:30 p.m.;
- MASN (Baltimore-Washington, D.C.): o Debut Friday, Dec. 15 at 7:00 p.m.
o Rest of Season: Friday's at 10:30 p.m.
Fans should check the TV-Radio affiliates link at www.GoPSUsports.com for an updated listing of stations/regional sports networks airing the program and the airtimes.
For all the latest information, notes, pictures and related links on Penn State basketball follow Associate Athletic Communications Director Brian Siegrist (@PSUSTRETCH) and the official Penn State men's basketball handle (@PennStateMBB) on Twitter and check GoPSUsports.com. The Nittany Lions are also on Facebook at www.facebook.com/pennstatebasketball.