|Follow PSU Men's Basketball:||Follow @PennStateMBB|
Pat Chambers enters his third season in Happy Valley in 2013-14
Oct. 2, 2013
- Schedule (with times/TV)
UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. - Times and television designations for the Penn State men’s basketball team’s 2013-14 season were released Wednesday by the Big Ten Conference. Under the direction of third-year head coach Pat Chambers, the Nittany Lions will appear on national television at least 22 times, including all 18 Big Ten contests.
- The much-anticipated Return to Rec presented by AAA event featuring Penn State against Princeton Dec. 14 in Rec Hall is slated for 2 p.m. and will be broadcast by the Big Ten Network. Ticket information for the general public is available below.
- BTN also will show the Lions’ non-conference matchups with Monmouth, part of the Barclays Classic, and Mount St. Mary’s.
- Now available to Comcast cable subscribers, BTN2Go will carry the Big Ten Digital Network (BTDN) broadcasts of early-season contests vs. Wagner, Bucknell and Longwood, in addition to the team’s exhibition vs. Northwood (Fla.) Nov. 3. All games also can be streamed live on BTN.com.
- The ESPN family of networks will show seven of Penn State’s games in the power-packed Big Ten and 10 overall.
- Ten of the 11 remaining conference contests will be on BTN with one wildcard selection – March 2 vs. Wisconsin – up for either BTN or CBS broadcast.
- Television information for the Barclays Classic games in Brooklyn, N.Y. has yet to be released. The Lions will take on St. John’s at 7 p.m. Nov. 29 before facing either Georgia Tech or Ole Miss at either 2 or 4:30 p.m.
Get your first glimpse of the 2013-14 NIttany Lions prior to the Penn State-Michigan football game Saturday, Oct. 12 in a Blue-White Scrimmage at the Bryce Jordan Center. Doors will open at 10 a.m. for the open to the public and free event with the scrimmage starting shortly thereafter. Throughout the scrimmage, fans will be able to participate in contests on the court and win Penn State basketball prizes and following, players will be available for autographs. Additional details will be available on GoPSUsports.com next week.
RETURN TO REC
Tickets for Penn State's contest vs. Princeton at 2 p.m. Dec. 14 in Rec Hall are $20 for the general public and $10 for Penn State students. VIP ticket options are available at two levels. A limited number of premium baseline court seats, which will include food service, are on sale for $100 each, with a $50 option also being offered behind the baseline seats. There will be ADA seating options provided for the game.
Fans can call 1-800-NITTANY Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. ET to purchase "Return to Rec" tickets as long as ticket inventory remains.
Penn State men's basketball season tickets are on sale now for a season that will include 16 regular-season games in the Bryce Jordan Center (nine Big Ten contests and seven non-conference matchups) as well as an exhibition game. Fans can call 1-800-NITTANY to reserve their season ticket today. Stay tuned for mini plan and single-game ticket information.
LIONS AT A GLANCE
First-team All-Big Ten guard Tim Frazier (Houston, Texas), who ranked second in the Big Ten in scoring (18.8 ppg) and led the league in assists (6.2) in 2011-12, returns with an NCAA medical hardship waiver after playing in just four games in 2012-13. He will join 2013 All-Big Ten honorable-mention honorees D.J. Newbill (Philadelphia, Pa.) to form one of the most potent backcourts in the nation. Sophomore forward Ross Travis (Chaska, Minn.), who finished fifth in the Big Ten in rebounding (7.4 rpg) and posted double-doubles in three of his last seven games, and Brandon Taylor (Tabernacle, N.J.), who made 32 threes in his freshman season, will anchor the frontcourt.
FOLLOW THE LIONS
To keep up on the latest, follow Penn State men's basketball on Twitter and Instagram at @PennStateMBB and @Coach_Chambers on Twitter. The team also is on Facebook at facebook.com/pennstatebasketball.
- Top Videos
Penn State, No. 5/7 Iowa Meet Wednesday on ESPNU
VIDEO: Garner, Nittany Lions Looking to Remain Confident After MSG
Basketball and Hockey Half Price Ticket Special for Penn State Winter Sports Weekend; 11 Teams at Home
VIDEO: Super Saturday Hoops & Hockey Sights and Sounds
Penn State Falls to Michigan to 79-72
Penn State & Michigan Meet Saturday in MSG
VIDEO: Nittany Lions Looking Ahead to Madison Square Garden
Men's Hoops Adding to MSG History on Saturday