|Follow PSU Men's Basketball:||Follow @PennStateMBB|
ROSEMONT, Ill. -- The 20th-annual Big Ten/ACC Challenge will feature a Tuesday, Nov. 27 contest between Penn State and Virginia Tech in the Bryce Jordan Center, the Big Ten Conference
The Nittany Lions have won three of
Television coverage of all 14 Big Ten/ACC Challenge games will be shared by ESPN, ESPN2
Virginia Tech went 21-12 in 2017-18 with a 10-8 record in conference play for a seventh-place finish in the ACC standings and an NCAA Tournament berth.
The Nittany Lions faced three Atlantic Coast Conference teams in 2017-18 with wins at Notre Dame in the National Invitation Tournament and vs. Pittsburgh in the Legends Classic in the Barclays Center. Penn State lost to N.C. State in the second Big Ten/ACC Challenge meeting between the two teams.
The ACC won its second-straight Challenge in 2017 after the Big Ten had captured the Commissioner's Cup for seven straight years. The Nittany Lions have played in 17 of the 20 Big Ten/ACC Challenge games and did not participate in back-to-back seasons in 2003 and 2004. Penn State is 8-9 in those games.
In a rematch of last year’s Big Ten/ACC game, Penn State and N.C. State are scheduled to play in the Basketball Hall of Fame Boardwalk Classic on Saturday, Dec. 15. Virginia Tech is one of the other teams destined for Atlantic City with a contest vs. Washington as part of the six-game lineup.
Penn State will meet DePaul on Thursday, Nov. 15 at Wintrust Arena in Chicago in the Nittany Lions' one of the three confirmed non-conference games. The contest between the Nittany Lions and Blue Demons is part of the 2018 Gavitt Tipoff Games, pitting eight Big Ten teams against Big East competition during the first full week of the season.
Penn State returns three starters and eight of its top 11 players for the 2018-19 season, including six players who made multiple starts last year. Among the returnees is rising junior forward Lamar Stevens, the 2018 NIT Most Outstanding Player, senior guard Josh Reaves and junior forward Mike Watkins, who were members of the Big Ten All-Defensive Team. Chambers and his staff also will welcome five newcomers for 2018-19: Rasir Bolton, Myles Dread, Myreon "MJ" Jones, Daniil Kasatkin and Kyle McCloskey.
For information or to make a 2018-19 Penn State men's basketball season ticket deposit, fans should go to gopsusports.com/climbwithus or call 1-800-NITTANY, weekdays from 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Keep up to date with the latest information from Coach Patrick Chambers and the Nittany Lions on Twitter by following @Coach_Chambers and @PennStateMBB, liking the team's page on Facebook and following the team Instagram account at @PennStateMBB.
Penn State in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge
- 2018 -- Tuesday, Nov. 27 vs. Virginia Tech
- 2017 -- at N.C. State -- L, 85-78
- 2016- Georgia Tech - W, 67-60
- 2015- at Boston College - W, 67-58
- 2014- Virginia Tech -- W, 61-58
- 2013- at Pittsburgh -- L, 78-69
- 2012- Boston College -- L, 73-61
- 2011- at Boston College -- W, 62-54
- 2010- Maryland -- L, 62-39
- 2009- at Virginia -- W, 69-67
- 2008- at Georgia Tech -- W, 85-83
- 2007- Virginia Tech -- W, 66-61
- 2006- at Georgia Tech -- L, 77-73
- 2005- Clemson -- L, 96-88
- 2004- Did not participate
- 2003- Did not participate
- 2002- at Clemson -- L, 79-70
- 2001- Clemson -- L, 79-66
- 2000 - at N.C. State -- L, 84-76
- 1999- Clemson -- W, 85-75
2018 B1G/ACC Challenge Schedule
(networks & times will be announced at a later date)
- Virginia Tech at Penn State
- Illinois at Notre Dame
- Indiana at Duke
- Pittsburgh at Iowa
- Virginia at Maryland
- North Carolina at Michigan
- Michigan State at Louisville
- Minnesota at Boston College
- Nebraska at Clemson
- Georgia Tech at Northwestern
- Syracuse at Ohio State
- Purdue at Florida State
- Rutgers at Miami
- N.C. State at Wisconsin