|Follow PSU Men's Basketball:||Follow @PennStateMBB|
UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. - The Penn State men's basketball program added a power forward for the 2017-18 season with the signing of Trent Buttrick to a NCAA National Letter of Intent, head coach Patrick Chambers announced Wednesday.
The high school senior at the Community School of Naples (Fla.) originally hails from Bloomsburg, Pa. and played two years of basketball and football at Bloomsburg before finishing his career in Florida.
TRENT BUTTRICK | 6-8 | 220 | F | Bloomsburg, Pa. | Community School of Naples (Fla.)
- Southwest Florida Player of the Year (Naples Daily News)
- First Team All-Area (Naples Daily News)
- Florida Athletic Coaches Association All-Star
- Averaged 18.2 points and 10.8 rebounds per game with 17 double-doubles as a senior
- Finished with 873 career points over two seasons, among the Top 5 in school history
- Holds the school single-season record with 314 rebounds and owns the single-game records for rebounds (23) and blocks (6)
- Led CSN to regional semifinals
Chambers on Buttrick: "Trent is a great addition to our program in that he brings toughness, skill and a high basketball IQ. We are happy he chose to return to his home state of Pennsylvania to become a Nittany Lion!"