|Follow PSU Men's Basketball:||Follow @PennStateMBB|
Feb. 10, 2014
UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. - The Penn State men’s basketball team welcomes members of the football team and Uplifting Athletes to the Bryce Jordan Center Saturday for a day of activities, beginning with a pregame kids skills combine. The culmination of the day will be as the Nittany Lions take on No. 16 Iowa at 1 p.m. Uplifting Athletes will receive $3 from every ticket sold for the Big Ten men’s basketball matchup vs. the nationally-ranked Hawkeyes.
- Open to kids in sixth grade and younger
- Requires a $15 donation to Uplifting Athletes
- Runs 10:30 a.m. – Noon in the basketball practice facility
- Founders Entrance on the east side of the Jordan Center opens at 9 a.m. for registration
- All children must have a completed medical waiver or complete one on site (linked above)
- Parents can RSVP to PSUkidscombine@gmail.com
- Entrance to the combine includes a ticket to the basketball game, as well as the opportunity to purchase additional tickets for $5
Participating children will receive an Uplifting Athletes combine t-shirt and a picture with the UA committee made up of several PSU football players.
Stations at the combine will include: vertical/broad jump, pushups/strength training, ladder and sprint drills, route running, as well as a short obstacle course.
AUTOGRAPH SESSION DETAILS
- Runs 11:45 a.m. – 1 p.m. on the BJC concourse
- 16 members of the football team will be in attendance
- Fans may have ONE item autographed
Dress like a Nittany Lion: For a $5 donation to Uplifting Athletes, kids can have their picture taken in a Penn State game uniform on the concourse
Mystery bags: There will be 200 “mystery bags” available for $20 each with proceeds benefiting Uplifting Athletes. Bags will contain one game-worn item, along with one autograph of a PSU football player.
Uplifting Athletes is a national nonprofit organization aligning college football with rare diseases and raising them as a national priority through outreach, research, education and advocacy. The Penn State chapter of Uplifting Athletes raises money and awareness for kidney cancer and the Kidney Cancer Association.
According to the Kidney Cancer Association and the American Cancer Society, more than 50,000 individuals were diagnosed with kidney cancer last year. More than 200,000 kidney cancer survivors are living in the United States right now, however, and advances in diagnosis, surgical procedures, and treatment options will allow even more patients to live with the disease, continuing to maintain their normal schedules and lifestyles.
- Top Videos
Terrence Samuel Joins Nittany Lions
Penn State Among Las Vegas Classic Teams
Newbill Chasing NBA Dream One Workout at a Time
Chambers Announces Roster Change
VIDEO: Tim Frazier Talks Year One in the NBA
CvC Golf Tournament Helping Lead the Fight with a Positive Attitude
VIDEO: Patrick Chambers Press Conference at CVC Golf Tournament
Chambers, Program Prepare to Tee Off on 19th Annual CvC Golf Tournament