|Follow PSU Men's Basketball:||Follow @PennStateMBB|
Dec. 22, 2013
Penn State 92, Mount St. Mary’s 82
December 22, 2013
Bryce Jordan Center
- Penn State improves to 9-4, its best non-conference record since the 2008-09 squad was 11-2 heading into Big Ten play
- Penn State scored 90 or more points for the third time this season and 80-plus points for the eighth time in 13 games.
- Penn State shot 59.4 percent in the second half (19-of-32), tied for its best shooting half of the season (19-of-32 in first half in win over Penn).
- The Nittany Lions scored 55 points in the second half to erase a 46-37 halftime deficit. The 55 points are the second-highest in a half this season (56 in second half vs. Longwood).
- The Nittany Lions had five players in double figures for the third time this season (LaSalle and Marshall).
- Junior guard John Johnson and sophomore center Jordan Dickerson made their Penn State debuts today. Johnson transferred from Pitt and Dickerson is a transfer from SMU.
- The Nittany Lions are now 8-0 vs. Mount St. Mary’s all-time. The teams first met in 1992.
- With 15 points and six assists, Frazier inches closer to the top of PSU’s career scoring and assists ledgers.
- The senior remains at the No. 15 spot in scoring with 1,271 points but moves closer to Calvin Booth (1995-1999) who posted 1,288 points during his time as a Nittany Lion.
- Frazier also stays at No. 3 in the all-time assists list with 556. He is just 18 helpers shy of the No. 2 spot currently held by Dan Earl (1993-1999).
- In his Nittany Lion debut, Johnson scored a career-high 20 points. He tallied 15 points in the second half to spark the comeback from an 11-point first half deficit.
- Newbill posted his 28th consecutive double figure scoring effort in Sunday’s win, tallying 18 points.
- Top Videos
Penn State Basketball, Centre County Form Summer Youth League
Former Nittany Lion Cumberland Posey Elected to Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame
Penn State Basketball Statement from Coach Patrick Chambers
Penn State Falls to Ohio State in Big Ten Tournament
FEATURE: Nittany Lions' Valiant Effort Comes Up Short at Big Ten Tournament
Nittany Lions & Buckeyes Meet in B1G Tourney Thursday
Men's Hoops Big Ten Tourney Central - Lions Open Tourney vs. Buckeyes
Brandon Taylor Earns All-Big Ten Honors