Final Stats |
Penn State 84, Monmouth 52
Nov. 26, 2013
Bryce Jordan Center
- Penn State started a season 5-1 for the second time under head coach Patrick Chambers. The Lions also started 5-1 during the 2011-12 season.
- Penn State shot 53 percent vs. Monmouth, which marks the third time this season the Lions have eclipsed the 50 percent shooting mark.
- Penn State handed out 17 assists as a team vs. Monmouth, their third-consecutive game with at least 17 assists.
- Penn State had four players score in double figures – Ross Travis (11), D.J. Newbill (15), Allen Roberts (17) and Tim Frazier (19). It is the third time this season at least four players reached double figures in the same contest (LaSalle, 5; Bucknell, 4).
- The Lions held Monmouth without a field goal for 7:51 in the second half, beginning at the 18:59 mark. Penn State started the period with an 18-3 run.
- Twenty-four of Penn State’s points came off of the Hawks’ 16 turnovers.
- Penn State led by 38 with 4:45 to play in the game (79-41), their largest lead of the season.
- Penn State owns a 2-0 record against Monmouth in the all-time series after an 84-52 victory on Tuesday at the Bryce Jordan Center. Penn State also defeated the Hawks, 73-42, on Nov. 21, 1997 at the Bryce Jordan Center.
- Penn State holds a 15-4 all-time record vs. the current alignment of the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference.
- With 19 points vs. Monmouth, Tim Frazier has 1,145 career points and moves into 19th in the Nittany Lions record book.
- Frazier reached double figures for the fifth time in six games this season with 19 points vs. the Hawks.
- With an assist on D.J. Newbill’s layup with 17:00 left in the second half, Frazier became the fourth player in Penn State history to register 500 career assists.
- Frazier ended the night with seven assists and now has 503 career helpers, which trails Talor Battle’s (2008-11) career total of 517 for third in school history.
- Frazier has now converted his last 17 free throw attempts dating back the second half vs. Penn on Nov. 16, 2013.
- Donovon Jack handed out a career-high two assists against Monmouth.
- D.J. Newbill reached double-figures for the sixth time in 2013-14 and now has 21-consecutive games in double figures after totaling 15 points vs. Monmouth.
- Newbill grabbed nine rebounds for the second game in a row on Saturday vs. Monmouth.
- Allen Roberts reached double figures for the first time in 2013-14, scoring 17 points against Monmouth on 4-of-6 shooting.
- Roberts was 3-of-5 from three-point range, which ties his Penn State career-high in both categories.
- His four field goals made and his 6-for-6 effort from the free throw line all set new Penn State career-highs.
- Ross Travis tallied 11 points for his third double figure scoring game in a row and fourth 10-plus point effort of the season. He now has 15 career double-digit scoring efforts.