Nov. 16, 2013
Recap | Box Score | Photo Gallery
Penn State 83, Penn 71
Nov. 16, 2013
The Palestra (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Penn State has won each of the last four meetings against the Quakers and eight of the last nine. The overall series record moves to 19-30.
- With 83 points vs. Penn, the Nittany Lions have produced at least 80 points in back-to-back games for the first time since the 2006-07 season and wins over VMI, 129-11 (Dec. 30, 2006) and Northwestern, 83-57 (Jan. 3, 2007).
- Penn State's largest lead was 25 at 47-22 with 2:26 to play in the first half. The Lions used a 22-4 run to get to that point.
- The 47 first-half points were the most in a single half since the Lions had 48 in the second half of the win over No. 4 Michigan last season. The total stands as the most first-half points since Feb. 28, 2010, when the Lions put up 49 in the opening frame of a 79-60 win over Northwestern.
- Tim Frazier's 29 points are the most for the fifth-year player since he put up 30 at Nebraska Jan. 11, 2012.
- Frazier now has eight career games w/ 20+ points.
- With 29 points, Frazier moved up to No. 20 all-time in career scoring at Penn State. He now has 1,102 points, passing over Jeff Persson (1,090, 1966-68) and Bob Weiss (1,091, 1963-65). He needs 38 points to take over the No. 19 position from Mark DuMars (1,139, 1959-61).
- He finished 11-12 from the free-throw line, all the second half, .hitting each of his final 10 attempts following a miss on the front end of a 1-and-1.
- The 11 made free-throws put Frazier into eight-place all-time with 319. He passed James Barnes (309, 1987-91) and is 19 away from passing Titus Ivory (337, 1997-01) for the No. 7 spot.
- With 19 points, Newbill has now scored in double-digits in each of the last 18 games, dating back to last season.
- Roberts had nine points on three-consecutive 3-pointers. He finished 3-5 from behind the arc, hitting his first three shots before missing his final two attempts.
- Jack had seven points, one off his career high, all the opening three minutes of action. He tallied his second career 3-pointer 12 seconds into the game for the first bucket of the contest.