|Follow PSU Men's Basketball:||Follow @PennStateMBB|
Nov. 16, 2013
Penn State 83, Penn 71
Nov. 16, 2013
The Palestra (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Penn State has won each of the last four meetings against the Quakers and eight of the last nine. The overall series record moves to 19-30.
- With 83 points vs. Penn, the Nittany Lions have produced at least 80 points in back-to-back games for the first time since the 2006-07 season and wins over VMI, 129-11 (Dec. 30, 2006) and Northwestern, 83-57 (Jan. 3, 2007).
- Penn State's largest lead was 25 at 47-22 with 2:26 to play in the first half. The Lions used a 22-4 run to get to that point.
- The 47 first-half points were the most in a single half since the Lions had 48 in the second half of the win over No. 4 Michigan last season. The total stands as the most first-half points since Feb. 28, 2010, when the Lions put up 49 in the opening frame of a 79-60 win over Northwestern.
- Tim Frazier's 29 points are the most for the fifth-year player since he put up 30 at Nebraska Jan. 11, 2012.
- Frazier now has eight career games w/ 20+ points.
- With 29 points, Frazier moved up to No. 20 all-time in career scoring at Penn State. He now has 1,102 points, passing over Jeff Persson (1,090, 1966-68) and Bob Weiss (1,091, 1963-65). He needs 38 points to take over the No. 19 position from Mark DuMars (1,139, 1959-61).
- He finished 11-12 from the free-throw line, all the second half, .hitting each of his final 10 attempts following a miss on the front end of a 1-and-1.
- The 11 made free-throws put Frazier into eight-place all-time with 319. He passed James Barnes (309, 1987-91) and is 19 away from passing Titus Ivory (337, 1997-01) for the No. 7 spot.
- With 19 points, Newbill has now scored in double-digits in each of the last 18 games, dating back to last season.
- Roberts had nine points on three-consecutive 3-pointers. He finished 3-5 from behind the arc, hitting his first three shots before missing his final two attempts.
- Jack had seven points, one off his career high, all the opening three minutes of action. He tallied his second career 3-pointer 12 seconds into the game for the first bucket of the contest.
- Top Videos
Former Nittany Lion Cumberland Posey Elected to Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame
Penn State Basketball Statement from Coach Patrick Chambers
Penn State Falls to Ohio State in Big Ten Tournament
FEATURE: Nittany Lions' Valiant Effort Comes Up Short at Big Ten Tournament
Nittany Lions & Buckeyes Meet in B1G Tourney Thursday
Men's Hoops Big Ten Tourney Central - Lions Open Tourney vs. Buckeyes
Brandon Taylor Earns All-Big Ten Honors
Nittany Lions Take on Ohio State in Big Ten Tournament Opener