Feb. 27, 2014
Recap | Final Stats | Quotes | Photo Gallery
Penn State 65, No. 22 Ohio State 63
Feb. 27, 2014
Bryce Jordan Center
- Penn State claims its first season sweep over Ohio State since 1997-98
- The Lions move to 15-32 in the all-time series vs. the Buckeyes
- PSU is now 6-10 vs. Ohio State at the Bryce Jordan Center ... The last win in the BJC was Jan. 10, 2004, before an 0-7 home stretch.
- The Lions post first sweep of any Big Ten team since 2010-11 (Northwestern, Minnesota)
- The Blue and White improve to 2-3 vs. ranked teams in 2013-14 … The last time they won multiple games vs. ranked foes was 2010-11 (3).
- Penn State has had six one-possession games in Big Ten play, the most of any conference team … The Lions are 3-3 in those games, winning each of the last three (1/29 at Ohio State, 2/12 at Indiana and 2/27 vs. Ohio State)
- The Lions trailed by as many as 11 before taking their first lead of the game at 15:15 in the second half (36-35) ... Despite three ties, the Buckeyes would not lead the remainder of the way ... Penn State also trailed by 11 in the win at Ohio State Jan. 29
- The Nittany Lions finished with 15 second-chance points off seven offensive rebounds … Only one offensive board did not result in a PSU score
- Penn State outrebounded Ohio State 34-25 and is 9-2 when tallying more boards than its opponent … The Buckeyes entered the game averaging 34.1 rpg, but were held to 25
- Two Nittany Lions scored in double figures for the 10th time this season … Penn State is 2-8 when only two players score 10 or more points with the only other win coming Nov. 16, 2013 at Penn (83-71)
- The Nittany Lions are a perfect 3-0 when wearing their gray uniforms
- The win came a year to the day of the Lions' upset of No. 4 Michigan, also on Senior Night
- Jordan Dickerson and Zach Cooper each earned their first career starts. Cooper and Tim Frazier were honored pregame during Senior Night festivities.
Tim Frazier, fifth-year senior guard
- With 16 points, now has 1,482 for his career and maintains his spot at No. 8 at Penn State … Needs 61 points to take over seventh place.
- Posted his 24th double figure scoring performance of the season
- Scored the final three points of the game to secure the win over the Buckeyes
Donovon Jack, sophomore forward
- Finished with just five points, none bigger than his jumper at 1:59 and ensuing and-one which gave Penn State a five-point lead, 60-55
- Posted career-high three assists
D.J. Newbill, junior guard
- Led the team in scoring for the 12th time this season and the ninth time in Big Ten play … Newbill has been the leading scorer in four of five Big Ten wins this season
- Has averaged 24 points per game vs. OSU this season and 23 ppg over three career meetings
- With 23 points, has turned in a double figure scoring effort in all but three games this season
- Is just three points away from reaching 1,000 points as a Nittany Lion … Has 1,290 including 293 points scored at Southern Mississippi as a freshman.
Brandon Taylor, sophomore forward
- Tallied lone three points of the night off a trey at 15:15 of the second half to give Penn State its first lead of the game at 36-35
- Notched a season-high two assists
Geno Thorpe, freshman guard
- Registered a season-high nine points