|Follow PSU Men's Basketball:||Follow @PennStateMBB|
Feb. 6, 2014
No. 9 Michigan State 82, Penn State 67
February 6, 2014
Breslin Center (East Lansing, Mich.)
- Penn State is 1-2 against teams ranked in the Top 25 this season at the time of meeting (L, Michigan State 12/31 & 2/6 and W, Ohio State 1/29).
- The loss ended a three-game Big Ten winning steak for Penn State, the longest in conference play for the Lions since 2009.
- Two PSU players finished in double-digits (Tim Frazier – 22, D.J. Newbill – 17). The Lions are 1-6 when just two players tally 10 or more points.
- Penn State fell in the all-time series with Michigan State 7-33 with a 1-19 mark in East Lansing. The lone road win in the series came Feb. 1, 2009, a 72-68 comeback win in the Breslin Center.
- Chambers now is 76-80 in his fifth season as a head coach and 34-52 in his third season at Penn State.
- With one assist, Frazier tied the all-time career record at Penn State also held by Freddie Barnes (600; 1989-92). He also owns two positions in the Top 10 in single-season assists and now is No. 10 all-time in Big Ten history with 600. He needs 13 more to pass Jeff Horner (612; Iowa, 2002-06).
- With 22 points, Frazier led the team in scoring for the 10th time this season. He now has 1,411 points, moving closer to the No. 8 spot all-time at Penn State held by Tom Hovasse (1,459; 1986-89).
- Frazier finished 9-14 from the field, for a 64 percent showing, his sixth outing of the season above 60 percent.
- Frazier tallied three 3-pointers, his fourth game this season with multiple treys.
- The 22 points mark Frazier’s seventh 20-plus point outing of the season and 13th for his career. They mark the most for the fifth-year guard since he had 24 in the overtime loss to to Princeton Dec. 14.
- Newbill posted 17 points, his 21st double-digit scoring effort of the season (all but two games).
- He was 7-8 from the free-throw line, topping his season average of 73 percent with an 88 percent showing.
- Top Videos
Men's Hoops Big Ten Tourney Central - Lions Open Tourney vs. Buckeyes
Brandon Taylor Earns All-Big Ten Honors
Nittany Lions Take on Ohio State in Big Ten Tournament Opener
Penn State Tops Illinois, 86-79 in Double OT
Nittany Lions Host Illini in Regular-Season Finale
Penn State Rally Falls Short Against Northwestern
Penn State Hosts Northwestern on Senior Night Thursday
VIDEO: Taylor, Seniors Looking to Finish Career at Home on a High