|Follow PSU Men's Basketball:||Follow @PennStateMBB|
Nittany Lions Record Big Ten's First Win of 2017-18
Penn State tops Northwestern in the second round of the Big Ten Tournament, 65-57
Penn State vs. Purdue - 2018 Big Ten Tournament Semifinals: Photos by USA Today Sports Images
Penn State vs. Nebraska (USATSI) Men's Basketball
Penn State vs. Purdue (USATSI) Men's Basketball
The Nittany Lions face the Gophers in Big Ten action.
AS A JUNIOR (2017-18)
- Has played in 24 games this season, averaging 7.2 minutes per contest. Has pulled down at least one rebound in 17 games and scored in 11.
- Scored three points and pulled down two rebounds vs. Purdue in
semifinalgame of Big Ten Tournament. Added a block as well in 10 minutes of action.
- Played most minutes in Big Ten/Penn State career with 13 at Purdue.
- Praised by Coach Chambers for effort at Purdue with two key rebounds, a block and steal to go along with
1-1performance from fieldfor two points.
- Grabbed huge defensive rebound in Maryland contest and was complimented by Coach Chambers for his productivity in four “fantastic” minutes vs. Terps.
- Snatched a rebound and had a block in overtime game vs. Minnesota.
- Had four rebounds and an assist in eight minutes of action vs. Coppin State.
- First off the bench at George Mason and had six minutes on the court. Scored two points and collected a rebound. Also had a steal.
- Had two points in 10 minutes on the court at N.C. State.
- Pulled down six rebounds in 14 minutes against Oral Roberts (11/24).
- Grabbed a key steal in game vs. No. 16 Texas A&M.
- Recorded third career double-figure scoring game with 11 points (2-5 FG) and career-best seven made free throws vs. Columbia (11/17) in 15 minutes.
- Had a Penn State-best five rebounds vs. Campbell.
Transferred from Virginia Tech and sat out the 2016-17 campaign to satisfy NCAA transfer requirements.
AS A SOPHOMORE (Virginia Tech 2015-16)
- Saw action in 20 games off the bench
- Averaged 1.6 points and 1.3 rebounds per appearance
- Tallied season-high six points on two occasions, vs. Northwestern in the B1G/ACC Challenge (Dec. 1) and against Wake Forest (Jan.13)
AS A FRESHMAN (Virginia Tech 2014-15)
- Played in 31 games, making seven starts
- Averaged 3.2 points and 2.4 rebounds in 13.6 minutes per game
- Tallied double-digits twice, including a career-high 13 points against Miami (March 7) ... Added seven rebounds vs. the Hurricanes
- Made his first career start at No. 6 Louisville, scoring six points and grabbing four rebounds (Jan. 13)
- Put up 10 points and grabbed five rebounds at No. 17 West Virginia (Dec. 30)
Won a letter in each of his two years at The Kiski School, where he helped lead Kiski to two state championship runner-up finishes ... Ranked as a three-star center ... Invited to NBAPA Top 100 Camp ... Played one year of AAU ball for Team Adidas PA ... Was selected to play basketball with World Vision Sports in China for 3 weeks in March 2014 ... Was a McDonald's All-American nominee.
Born Satchel Paige Pierce on Nov. 16,