|Follow PSU Men's Basketball:||Follow @PennStateMBB|
Watkins scored 15 points and grabbed 15 rebounds to lead the comeback.
Penn State returns to BJC; Begins stretch with three out of four games vs. Top 25 foes
Four Nittany Lions recorded double-digit points as Penn State defeats Spartans for first time since 2011
Penn State takes Big Ten basketball to Philadelphia with matchup in The Palestra
Lamar Stevens scored 20 points and Penn State beat Morgan State 96-55 on Wednesday night.
Check out the USATSI photo gallery from the men's basketball game against Michigan State.
Penn State vs. Michigan Men's Basketball January 4, 2017
Dec. 3, 2016
The Nittany Lions fall to Albany on opening night, November 11, 2016.
NCAA Basketball: Penn State vs. Nebraska
AS A SOPHOMORE (2015-16)
- Started 31 games of the 2015-16 season, coming off the bench for senior night (3/3), and saw action in all 32
- Has played in 60 career games over last two seasons after redshirting freshman campaign in 2013-14
- Finished third on the team in scoring with 9.4 ppg ... Had the largest increase in scoring among members of the team in 2014-15 (+7.7 ppg)
- Produced double-figure scoring in 16 games on the season with two 20-plus point games
- Led the team in rebounding in 6 games and was second on the team with 4.3 per game ... Grabbed a career-high 8 boards vs. Radford (11/24) and again in back-to-back games vs. Kent State (12/23) and Maryland (12/30)
- Totaled 8 points with pair of 3-pointers against Illinois (3/6), marking third-consecutive game with multiple treys; Added 2 steals to the win
- Scored 12 points at Michigan State (2/28), knocking down a career-high four 3-pointers on 80 percent shooting (4-5)
- Produced career-high point (24), field goal (8), free throw (6) and steal (3) totals against Minnesota (1/5)
- Had then-Big Ten career highs at Maryland (12/30) in points (12) and rebounds (8)
- Limited to eight points vs. Kent State (12/23), after averaging 13.7 ppg in the previous six games
AS A REDSHIRT FRESHMAN (2014-15)
- Saw action in 29 games on the season season, including 17 of 18 Big Ten contests ... Averaged 8.7 minutes per appearance
- All but four made fields goals came from behind arc (11/15)
- Hit a trio of treys vs. Minnesota (1/28/15), ending with a career-high nine points and three rebounds
- Drained a pair of 3-pointers on only two shots of the day vs. Purdue (1/17/15)
- Scored career-high 7 points in 15 minutes vs. Drexel (12/20) ... Was 2-2 from floor with one trey
- Played three minutes vs. George Washington (12/14), tallying a 3-pointer on only shot attempt on the day
- Produced first career block, two steals and a 2-2 showing from FT line in 6 minutes vs. Duquesne (12/10)
- Hit first career FG at Marshall (12/6), draining a 3-pointer at the 6:37 mark of the first half to give the Lions a 19-17 lead ... The team would not trail again
- Grabbed career-high five rebounds vs. Virginia Tech (12/3), taking the court for 12 minutes, the first of 14 games with 10+ minutes of action
- Saw first career action in first half vs. Fordham (11/16) ... Scored first career point on a free throw vs. the Rams (11/16)
AS A FRESHMAN (2013-14)
- Redshirted the 2013-14 season to gain experience and will have four seasons of eligibility remaining
- Did not see any game action.
A two-time first-team All-CIF Southern Section Division 1AA selection (junior and senior) ... Two-time All-Orange County second team (junior and senior)... Rated a three star recruit by Scout.com and 247Sports...Posted 17.9 points, 7.4 rebounds, 1.7 steals and 1.5 assists per game while leading Lutheran to an 18-10 mark in his senior season... Logged 466 points and made 33 threes on the year... Scored 20 or more points in 10 games, including a season high 41 points and 12 rebounds in a 72-64 win vs. Palisades, hitting four threes and 13 free throws ... Scored 34 points and had six steals in a 77-71 win over Sierra Catholic, making 17 free throws ... Had seven double-digit rebounding games, including a season high 14 vs. Eisenhower and 13 vs. Beverly Hills... Had three or more assists in seven games, including a season high five vs. Bishop Gorman (NV)... Averaged 15.6 ppg, 6.9 rpg, 4.4 apg and 1.4 spg as a junior at Orange Lutheran logging 391 points on the season... Helped lead his team to its second straight CIF Section Division 1A championship while playing alongside Arizona signee Gabe York ...Played his junior season as the Lancer's point guard ... Played with the nationally ranked Compton Magic AAU squad in the summer.
Born May 20, 1994, in Los Alamito, Calif. ... Has one sister, Jourdan ... Jourdan played basketball at University of Pennsylvania (2008-12).