|Follow PSU Men's Basketball:||Follow @PennStateMBB|
Penn State has won Three Consecutive and 7 of last 10 Big Ten-ACC Challenge Contests
Penn State comes off bye weekend looking for third win over Top 25-ranked team this season
Lamar Stevens scored 16 of his 25 points in the second half and Penn State beat No. 21 Maryland 70-64 on Tuesday night.
Penn State hosts Terps in lone matchup of the season Tuesday night
B1G Men's Basketball Tournament - March 8, 2017
Feb. 28, 2017
Check out the USATSI photo gallery from the men's basketball game against Illinois.
Photos from No. 21 Maryland @ Penn State on February 07, 2017.
USATSI Gallery - Rutgers @ Penn State
AS A FRESHMAN (2015-16)
- Missed six games with mono (1/13/16-2/3/16), making return vs. Indiana (2/6) and playing in each of the final nine games ... Nittany Lions were 5-4 after return from mono
- Started 20 games of freshman season and saw action in 26
- Averaged 6.4 points per game on the season and 5.8 ppg in Big Ten play
- Averaged 10.7 ppg over final three contests of regular season, adding five blocks and five steals ... Had a career-high 13 points in the win over Illinois (3/6)
- Shot 78 percent from the free-throw line over the last five games of the regular season, hitting 14 of last 18 attempts
- Finished second on the team in blocks with 23 and had multiple blocks in eight games on the season, including a Big Ten career-high 3 in the win over Illinois (3/6)
- Posted career-high 13 points and seven rebounds in double overtime win over Illinois (3/6), converting on 5 field goals
- Did a little bit of everything against Northwestern (3/3), posting 11 points, 5 assists, 4 rebounds, 3 steals and 2 blocks in 29 minutes
- Had solid night in win at Rutgers (2/20), posting then highs in points (12), field goals (4) and free throws (4-4)
- Played 10 minutes in first game back from mono vs. Hoosiers, grabbing two rebounds
- Shines when turning his defense (second on team in steals and blocks) into fast-break offense
- Posted Big Ten-high 4 assists and 3 steals in win over Iowa (2/17/16)
- Had Big Ten-high 9 points and 4 rebounds with 2 steals in win over Minnesota (1/5)
- Averaged 9.2 points, 5.8 rebounds and 2.6 assists over the last five non-conference games
- Tied then career-high scoring effort (10) in each of the last two non-conference games, vs. Colorado (12/22) and Kent State (12/23) in the Las Vegas Classic
- Produced career highs in rebounds (10), assists (7) and steals (4) against Canisius (12/10), narrowly missing first career double-double with eight points
- Knocked down first career 3-pointer in win over Eastern Michigan (12/5)
An ESPN four-star recruit, ranked 74th in the nation ... The second-ranked player out of Virginia according to Scout ... Played three seasons at Paul VI before transferring Oak Hill (Va.) for senior season ... Won a state championship in the 2013-2014 season as a starter for Paul VI ... A 2014 All-Met and all-state selection after helping lead PVI to the Alhambra Catholic championship where they beat DeMatha ... Part of the 2014 WCAC champion and 2014 All-WCAC teams ... Named a 2014 VISSA first-team all-state selection ... Amassed a record of 80-22 throughout his first three years with PVI ... Senior year transferred to Oak Hill Academy ... Went 47-1 including a Bass Pro Shops Championship in 2015 where he posted 12 points, five rebounds, and five steals against his former school PVI in the second round ... Captain as both a junior and senior ... Helped lead Oak Hill Academy to a national #7 ranking by MaxPreps ... With AAU squad Team Takeover, averaged 10.9 ppg during the 2014 regular season and 9.4 overall ... Shot 52 percent from he field.
Born June 4, 1997 in Fairfax, Virginia ... Full name is Joshua Alexander Reaves ... Son of Liset Reaves ... Older brother Michael Reaves was a defensive lineman at Shepherd University ... Anticipates majoring in criminology while at Penn State.