|Follow PSU Men's Basketball:||Follow @PennStateMBB|
Brandon Taylor and Payton Banks guide Penn State to victory with double digit scoring
Brandon Taylor led a trio of double digit scorers with 14 points.
Lions fall to Wolverines in Big Ten home opener
Nittany Lions advance to quarterfinals of CBI at Siena Monday, March 24
Second Round, Big 10 Tournament
The Nittany Lions fall to Northwestern, on March 3, 2016.
NCAA Basketball: Penn State vs. Wisconsin
The Nittany Lions topped the Northwestern Wildcats Saturday evening.
NCAA Basketball: Penn State vs. Purdue
AS A JUNIOR (2014-15)
- Saw action in 29 games on the season season, including 17 of 18 Big Ten contests ... Averaged 8.7 minutes per appearance
- Saw action in all 34 games, starting 19 ... Has made 23 total starts at Penn State ... Returned to starting lineup vs. Nebraska (2/7/15) and started in each of the final 11 games of the season
- Has 82 career blocks in 1.5 seasons at Penn State, tied with Donovon Jack for the seventh-most in a PSU career
- Had multiple blocks in 17 games on the season ... Led the team with 53, tying Jack’s 2013-14 total in the No. 8 spot in a single season
- Averaged 1.6 blocks per game, which was tied for fifth in the Big Ten after the conference tournament
- Averaged 3.0 ppg and 2.3 rpg with four blocks through three B1G tourney games ... Shot 71 percent from FT line in tourney action, up from season average of 60 percent
- Had a career high three steals vs. Iowa (2/28), adding four blocks
- Produced career high in back-to-back games with 6 points at Illinois, adding team-leading 6 rebounds and 3 blocks
- Tied career high in scoring with 6 points vs. Minnesota (1/28/15), while adding three blocks
- Came up with career-high six blocks vs. George Washington, adding to six boards and two dunks
- Pulled down career-high eight boards vs. the Hokies (12/3) ... Had a second-half dunk for lone two points
- Posted four blocks in win vs. Akron (11/25/14), one off career high, and grabbed a season-high six rebounds
- Tallied two blocks in the season opener vs. Morgan State (11/14), 10th multi-block game of career
AS A SOPHOMORE (2013-14)
- Saw action in each of the last 22 games, tallying a total of 33 points and 29 blocks
- Started each of the final seven games of the season ... Made first career start vs. Ohio State (2/27/14), ending night with one thunderous dunk and career-high tying four rebounds in 21 minutes of action
- As a starter in seven games, produced 3.1 ppg and 2.9 rpg, compared to 1.5 ppg and 2.0 rpg on the season
- Averaged 1.3 blocks per appearance
- Grabbed career-high six rebounds in win over Hampton (3/19/14), including five off defensive glass
- Had career-high six points in win at Northwestern (3/6/14)
- Posted career highs in five categories in win at Ohio State (1/29/14), including minutes (22) and blocks (5)
- Five-block performance vs. the Buckeyes was the fifth time a PSU player has put up at least five blocks in a game this season (previous four - Donovon Jack)
- Has more than doubled block total from 26 games played at SMU last season
- Posted two blocks for the fourth time in six games in the Big Ten Tournament game vs. Minnesota (3/13/14)
- Netted first PSU points with a pull-up jumper at Illinois (1/4/13) ... Added two blocks in career-high 15 minutes of play
- Saw first PSU action against Mount St. Mary's (12/22/13), tallying two blocks in eight minutes of action
AS A FRESHMAN (SMU) (2012-13)
- Dickerson played in 26 games for the Mustangs as a true-freshman and posted a total of 13 points, 23 rebounds and nine blocks in 92 minutes (3.5 mpg) of action on the year
- SMU posted a 15-17 record overall and 5-11 record in Conference USA
- Posted four points and two blocks vs. Malone (11/19)
- Had three points at Houston (1/19)
- Logged a pair of rebounds and blocks in a win vs. Tulane (1/12)
- Had three points and a rebound in three minutes vs. UTEP (3/9)
Dickerson transferred to Penn State in June of 2013 and was cleared Dec. 20, 2013 by the NCAA to begin play immediately for the Nittany Lions. Penn State submitted a Legislative Relief Waiver to the NCAA requesting it waive the year in residence requirement that generally applies to transfers in basketball. A 7-0, 240-pound center, Dickerson is the tallest Nittany Lions since 7-0 forward Jan Jagla (2002-04).
The Brooklyn native played his senior prep season at the IMG Academy in Florida... posted 10 points, eight rebounds and four blocks per game for an IMG team that went 28-2... played at traditional New York City area power Abraham Lincoln High School in Brooklyn...posted eight points, seven rebounds and seven blocks per game in his final season at ALHS...team that went 28-3 and finished ranked in the top 50 of the nation.
Born June 9, 1993, in New York, N.Y. ... Has two brothers Jayquan and Julius, and one sister, Jadeina.