|Follow PSU Men's Basketball:||Follow @PennStateMBB|
Nittany Lions Recognized for Accomplishments, Attributes After Record-Breaking Campaign
Nittany Lions Defeat Utah 82-66 for Championship; Record 26 Wins for Second-Most in Program History
Garner Sets Single-Season Record for 3-Point Field Goals Made with 112
Photos from Penn State vs. Utah - NIT Championship Game - Thursday, March 29, 2018
Photos from Penn State vs. Mississippi State - NIT Semi-Final, Tuesday, March 27, 2018
Penn State takes down Notre Dame, 73-63, in the NIT Second Round
Penn State tops Northwestern in the second round of the Big Ten Tournament, 65-57
Penn State takes down No. 2 Seed Ohio State, 69-68, on Josh Reaves last-second dunk.
AS FRESHMAN (2017-18)
• Saw action in 27 games and started the last eight, three at the 2018 Big Ten Tournament and all five NIT games vs. Temple, at Notre Dame, at Marquette, vs. Mississippi State and Utah.
• Averaged 7.4 rebounds in five postseason games.
• Scored career-best seven points in NIT championship game vs. Utah and had career-best and game-high 12 rebounds vs. Utes. Had collected 10 rebounds by halftime.
• Set then-career-best and tied game-high with nine rebounds in Marquette win.
• Tied then-career-best with four points on his stat line vs. Golden Eagles and had first career assist.
• Had block on Notre Dame's first shot of game, registered career-best and game-high two vs. Irish.
• Tied career bests for points (4), rebounds (6), blocks (game-high 2) and minutes (23) in second-round NIT game at Notre Dame.
• Executed perfect layup off pass from Lamar Stevens for go-ahead field goal vs. Temple with 1:52 left in game. Also had three offensive rebounds.
• Tied then-career best with four points against Purdue in Big Ten Tournament semifinal game and added a rebound, block and steal in nine minutes of action.
• Played most minutes of the season vs. Ohio State, to that point, in Big Ten Tournament quarterfinals with 11 and had career-best six rebounds, including four offensive.
• Recorded first career block at Purdue.
• Scored field goal vs. Iowa (2/3) for first points in a Big Ten game.
• Had a rebound in Rutgers game (1/27)
• Made a field goal and free throw vs. Coppin State for three points.
• Played seven minutes against both Fairleigh Dickinson (11-12) and Oral Roberts (11-24). Had a productive three minutes in Iowa win and was on the court for two minutes against Wisconsin.
• Pulled down two rebounds vs. George Washington.
• Went 2-2 from the field against Golden Eagles (11-24) and tied career-best two rebounds.
• Put back a teammate's missed shot against Fairleigh Dickinson for his first career points as a Nittany Lion.
• Finished with two offensive rebounds and a steal.
• Played one minute in the season opener vs. Campbell and had one personal foul.
PRIOR TO PENN STATE
Two-sport athlete who played football (tight end and defensive end) and basketball for Strath Haven...Turned down Division I football scholarship offers to play basketball for Penn State...Helped lead Panthers to PIAA District I Class 5A playoff berth...Averaged 19.5 points and 10.4 rebounds as a senior and was selected Central League MVP... Philadelphia News All-Pennsylvania (5A) second team pick...Named first team PA Prep Live All-Delco...Played with AAU Philly Pride.
Chambers on Harrar: "John is a great addition to our program, not only for the physical attributes he brings -- he has great hands and great feet -- but also for his determination, work ethic and a laser focus on improving his game. In trying to make himself better, he's challenging others to improve."
Born July 13, 1999...Son of Sue and James Harrar...Has one brother...Enrolled in the Division of Undergraduate Studies.