|Follow PSU Men's Basketball:||Follow @PennStateMBB|
Women's Tennis Earns Highest Team GPA Award for Second Time This Decade
Nittany Lions Recognized for Accomplishments, Attributes After Record-Breaking Campaign
Penn State tops Northwestern in the second round of the Big Ten Tournament, 65-57
Penn State @ Ohio State
Photos from Penn State men's basketball vs. Northwestern - Saturday, Jan. 20, 2018
Men's Basketball vs. Nebraska - January 12, 2018. Photos by USA Today Sports Images.
Penn State vs. Maryland December 30, 2015.
AS A JUNIOR (2017-18)
- Played in 23 games in 2017-18 with starts at Ohio State and vs. Rutgers.
- Provided good minutes (7) as Nittany Lions had foul trouble vs. Temple.
- Earned first career start at Ohio State (1/25) and gave Lions good minutes with five points, a rebound and ball possession.
- Had his first blocked shot in Big Ten play at Northwestern.
- Played seven minutes against Nebraska and had two rebounds.
- Had five points with a 3-pointer and two made free throws in 11 minutes of court time vs. Coppin State. Also had a rebound vs. Eagles.
- Played nine minutes vs. George Washington and tallied an assist and a rebound.
- Saw eight minutes of action vs. Pittsburgh (11-20) and six minutes in Oral Roberts game (11-24).
- Collected four rebounds vs. Columbia and had an assist.
- Hit a three vs. Fairleigh Dickinson and added a rebound.
- Scored two points and had a rebound in three minutes vs. Campbell
- Played in first two games to open the season and six games in month of November.
AS A SOPHOMORE (2016-17)
- Saw time in 18 games with eight appearances in conference play
- Registered a block against Albany in the 2016-17 season opener
- Played 18 minutes vs. Colgate with a three-pointer and three rebounds and also registered a steal
- Connected for a three-pointer vs. George Washington and added a rebound and assist in win over Colonials
- Grabbed an offensive rebound and converted the layup for two points vs. Morgan State
- Saw minutes in key conference games
- Recorded a rebound in seven minutes of play in win over No. 24 Maryland.
AS A FRESHMAN (2015-16)
- Made first career start at Purdue (1/13); Saw action in 26 games this season, missing two non-conference contests with a knee injury (Radford and Bucknell)
- Tallied a single 3-pointer in six Big Ten games and in 10 overall
- Averaged 2.9 points per game on the season
- All eight assists on the season came in league action .... Earned first multi-assist game with a pair vs. Michigan in MSG (1/30)
- Tallied team's lone 3-pointer at Iowa (2/3) and ended night with six points
- In first career start at Purdue (1/13), played career-high 27 minutes and grabbed a high in rebounds with five
- Played 25 minutes vs. Minnesota (1/10), ending night with seven points, including four from the free-throw line after a 4-4 showing
- Produced career-high 11 points in win over Kent State in Las Vegas Classic (12/23), finishing second on the team in scoring
- Knocked down first career 3-pointer at George Washington (12/8) and ended night with multiple FGs (2) for first time
- Scored first career field goal in win over Eastern Michigan (12/5)
- Scored first career points on a pair of FTs at Duquesne (11/20)
PRIOR TO PENN STATE
Two-year starter for St. Mary's Ryken in Leonardtown, Maryland...Captain his senior year...Only senior from the 2014-15 team who is playing college basketball...Averaged 15 ppg in final high school season...Rated as a 3-star recruit and as the 11th best recruit in Maryland in the class of 2015 by ESPN.com ... One of three players from ESPN.com's top-25 recruits from his class in Maryland signed by a school from the Big Ten...Played AAU with Threat 220.
Born June 6, 1996 in Lithuania to Vytautas and Gitumen Zemgulis...Has a brother, Aurimas, and a sister, Gabriele...Was a member of the U16 Lithuanian team that competed in the European Championships...Is studying food science.