|Follow PSU Cross Country:||Follow @PennStateTFXC|
UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. -Penn State senior Jillian Hunsberger and junior Colin Abert were named Big Ten cross country Athletes of the Week Wednesday following their performances Friday at the Spiked Shoe Invitational at the Penn State Blue & White course. Hunsberger was also named the USTFCCCA Division I Women's National Athlete of the Week Monday afternoon.
Men's Athlete of the Week
Colin Abert, Penn State
Jr. - Easton, Pa. - Easton
- Earned his second straight individual title, finishing first at the Harry Groves Spiked Shoe Invitational in University Park, Pa.
- Crossed finish line in 17:31.53 in the 5.2-mile race, a one-mile pace of 4:57
- The Nittany Lions' 2016 Big Ten Sportsmanship Award recipient earns his second career Big Ten Athlete of the Week honor and second in as many weeks
- Last Penn State Athlete of the Week: Colin Abert (Sept. 6, 2017)
Co-Women's Athletes of the Week
Jillian Hunsberger, Penn State
Sr. - Pittsburgh, Pa. - Mount Lebanon
- Guided Penn State to the team title while also finishing first individually at the Harry Groves Spiked Shoe Invitational in University Park, Pa.
- Crossed the 6K finish line in 21:07, a one-mile pace of 5:40
- The 2016 first-team All-Big Ten selection and 2015-16 Academic All-Big Ten honoree earns her second career Big Ten Athlete of the Week plaudit, and second in as many weeks
- Last Penn State Athlete of the Week: Jillian Hunsberger (Sept. 6, 2017)
Penn State returns to action Saturday, Sept. 30 as they travel to the Cowboy Jamboree hosted by Oklahoma State in Stillwater, Okla.
For more on Nittany Lion cross country, log onto www.GoPSUsports.com or follow the team on Twitter @PennStateTFXC.