|Follow PSU Cross Country:||Follow @PennStateTFXC|
Big Ten Release
UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. -Penn State senior Jillian Hunsberger and junior Colin Abert were named Big Ten cross country Athletes of the Week Wednesday following strong performances Friday at the Dolan Duals.
Men's Athlete of the Week
Colin Abert, Penn State
Jr. -- Easton, Pa. -- Easton
- Paced the Nittany Lions to the team title at the Lock Haven Dolan Duals, finishing first in the 6K race at the West Branch Cross Country Course in Lock Haven, Pa.
- Crossed the finish line in 17:31.53, a one-mile pace of 4:42
- The Nittany Lions' 2016 Big Ten Sportsmanship Award recipient earns the first Big Ten Athlete of the Week honor of his career
- Last Penn State Athlete of the Week: Ean DiSilvio (Sept. 9, 2015)
Women's Athlete of the Week
Jillian Hunsberger, Penn State
Sr. -- Pittsburgh, Pa. -- Mount Lebanon
- Guided Penn State to the team title while also finishing first individually in the Lock Haven Dolan Duals at the West Branch Cross Country Course
- Crossed the 4K finish line in 13:53.87, a one-mile pace of 5:35
- The 2016 first-team All-Big Ten selection and 2015-16 Academic All-Big Ten honoree earns her first career Big Ten Athlete of the Week plaudit
- Last Penn State Athlete of the Week: Tessa Barrett (Sept. 14, 2016)
Penn State returns to action Friday as they host the annual Harry Groves Spiked Shoe Invitational Sept. 8 with action getting underway at 10 a.m. at the Blue-White Golf Course.
For more on Nittany Lion cross country, log onto www.GoPSUsports.com or follow the team on Twitter @PennStateTFXC.