About Us


The Nittany Lion Club, comprised of Penn State alumni and friends of the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics, was established in 1959 to create greater interest in and financial support of Penn State varsity athletics. Members of the Nittany Lion Club make possible grant-in-aid support for more than 800 student-athletes each academic year and provide operational support for the University's entire 31-sport intercollegiate athletics program.