|Women's Hockey Links|
|About the Camps|
| Coaching Staff
Head Caoch Jeff Kampersal
Assistant Coach Celeste Brown
Assistant Coach Allison Coomey
Director of Operations Chris Demczuk
|Location & Housing|
|Enrollment and Refund Policies|
July 23-27The Penn State Girls Ice Hockey Camp accommodates various age groups and skill levels. The curriculum is designed to focus primarily on fundamental skill development as well as positional play and team concepts. The camp features a high-quality staff of instructors from top colleges and teams. To provide the best possible learning environment, enrollment is limited to 60 forwards, 32 defenders and 10 goaltenders.
Who: Grades 6-12
$795 resident (includes instruction, housing, meals, a camp jersey)
$745 resident goalie (includes instruction, housing, meals, a camp jersey)
$705 commuter (includes instruction, all meals, a camp jersey)
$655 commuter goalie (includes instruction, housing, meals, a camp jersey)
Meals: Dinner on the first day to lunch on the last day
- At least three hours of ice daily
- Skating dynamics: Speed and quickness development
- Skills development, puck control, passing and shooting
- Individual and team tactics: one-on-one, two-on-one, face-offs and more Small area games
- Team systems: Breakouts, offensive play, forechecking, defensive zone coverage and neutral zone play
- Individual player evaluation forms
- Daily chalk talks or videos
- Flexibility, strength training and conditioning programs, as well as sports psychology and motivational techniques appropriate for ages and skill levels
- Off-ice activities: Swimming, soccer, dry-land training demonstrations, etc.
- Penn State hockey camp jersey for each player
- Trainers on duty 24 hours a day
Applications will be processed by position on a first-come, first-served basis until the session is filled. Because of the organization of the camp instructional program, it is necessary to accept applicants on the basis of age level and position played. For this reason, applications for certain positions and age levels will be closed out when those age levels and positions are filled.
Recreation -- During camp, participants may spend their free time enjoying Penn State's many recreational facilities, including the outdoor swimming pool.
Penn State Sport Camps
Amy Gardner House
University Park, PA 16802
In accordance with NCAA guidelines, all Penn State University Sport Camps and Clinics are open to any and all entrants, limited only by specified number, age, grade level and/or gender of its participants.