|Women's Hockey Links|
|About the Camps|
| Coaching Staff
Head Coach Josh Brandwene
|Location & Housing|
|Enrollment and Refund Policies|
Who Should Attend
The Penn State Girls Ice Hockey Camp is open to students entering grades 6-12 next fall. High school graduates are also eligible to enroll.
About the Camp
July 24-28The Penn State Girls Ice Hockey Camp accommodates various age groups and skill levels. The curriculum is designed to focus primarily on fundamental skill development as well as positional play and team concepts. The camp features a high-quality staff of instructors from top colleges and teams. To provide the best possible learning environment, enrollment is limited to 54 forwards, 30 defenders and 8 goaltenders.
Who: Grades 6-12
$795 resident (includes instruction, housing, meals, a camp jersey)
$745 resident goalie (includes instruction, housing, meals, a camp jersey)
$705 commuter (includes instruction, all meals, a camp jersey)
$655 commuter goalie (includes instruction, housing, meals, a camp jersey)
Meals: Dinner on the first day to lunch on the last day
- At least three hours of ice daily
- Skating dynamics: Speed and quickness development
- Skills development, puck control, passing and shooting
- Individual and team tactics: one-on-one, two-on-one, face-offs and more Small area games
- Team systems: Breakouts, offensive play, forechecking, defensive zone coverage and neutral zone play
- Individual player evaluation forms
- Daily chalk talks or videos
- Flexibility, strength training and conditioning programs, as well as sports psychology and motivational techniques appropriate for ages and skill levels
- Off-ice activities: Swimming, soccer, dry-land training demonstrations, etc.
- Penn State hockey camp jersey for each player
- Trainers on duty 24 hours a day
Applications will be processed by position on a first-come, first-served basis until the session is filled. Because of the organization of the camp instructional program, it is necessary to accept applicants on the basis of age level and position played. For this reason, applications for certain positions and age levels will be closed out when those age levels and positions are filled.
Recreation -- During camp, participants may spend their free time enjoying Penn State's many recreational facilities, including the outdoor swimming pool.
Penn State Sport Camps
Amy Gardner House
University Park, PA 16802
In accordance with NCAA guidelines, all Penn State University Sport Camps and Clinics are open to any and all entrants, limited only by specified number, age, grade level and/or gender of its participants.
- Top Videos
No. 7 Nittany Lions Hit the Road to Face Harvard, Sacred Heart
02/11/2016 | @PennStateMVBALL
Men's Gymnastics Kicks Off Four-Meet Road Swing at OSU
02/11/2016 | @PennStateMGYM
Women's Gymnastics Travels to No. 23 Ohio State
02/11/2016 | @PennStateWGYM
Softball to Open 2016 at the "Kick-Off" Classic
02/10/2016 | @PennStateSB
Men's Soccer Announces Spring Schedule
02/11/2016 | @PennStateMSOC
Ament Earns Big Ten Freshman of the Week Honors
02/10/2016 | @PennStateMLAX
Women's Lacrosse Season Opener Moved to Friday
02/09/2016 | @PennStateWLAX
Fencers Head to Junior Olympics, Epee World Cup This Weekend