Team Camp Enrollment Guidelines
1. Team RepresentativesPenn State is committed to providing a safe environment for all employees, students and visitors. We will provide trained staff to assist in making your experience at the event the best experience possible. Penn State Sport Camps are administered by Intercollegiate Athletics in accordance with University policy AD39 (Minors Involved in University-Sponsored Programs) and NCAA rules and regulations.
The Pennsylvania Child Protective Services Law requires all adults (paid or unpaid), who have direct contact with children in a program, activity or service which is sponsored by a school, to obtain specific background clearances.
Team Representatives (Coaches, Chaperones, etc.) who are responsible for the welfare of their team members while participating in a Penn State Sport Camp are considered volunteers having contact with children under PA law and, therefore, would require the following clearances:
A. Pennsylvania Residents:
Fees for the Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Background Check and Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance Form will be waived.
There is no need for FBI Clearances for in-state volunteers if:
The position the prospective volunteer is applying for is unpaid.
The prospective volunteer has been a resident of Pennsylvania during the entirety of the previous 10-year period.
Or, if not a resident of Pennsylvania during the entirety of the previous 10-year period, has received certification at any time since establishing residency in Pennsylvania and provides a copy of the certification to the person responsible for the selection of volunteers.
The prospective volunteer swears or affirms in writing that they are not disqualified from service.
B. Non-Pennsylvania Residents:
Penn State may allow non-resident volunteers to serve on a provisional basis not to exceed a total of 30 days in a calendar year if the volunteer is in compliance with the clearance standards under the law of the jurisdiction where the volunteer resides.
Volunteers must provide Penn State with documentation of certifications at least two weeks prior to the start of team camp.
All Team Representatives must verify and provide documentation that they are in compliance with their local state laws regarding background checks when interacting with minors at least two weeks prior to the start of team camp.
Copies of completed background checks are to be submitted to the Sport Camps office by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
When submitting documentation of completed background checks, individuals are confirming that they are in compliance with the clearance standards required for interacting with minors under the law of jurisdiction where the individual resides.
If the jurisdiction where the volunteer resides has no clearance standards for working with minors, the volunteer must provide documentation that they are in compliance with those clearance standards required by the state of Pennsylvania.
C. Adult Participants
There may be instances where Team Representatives do not meet the legal definition of "volunteer" i.e., they may be an adult whose only role is to participate in the camp with their team members but will not, at any time during the camp, be responsible for the welfare of the team members. In order to reside in the residence halls with team members, clearances will be required. Please contact the Penn State Sport Camps office at email@example.com.
2. Reporting Suspected Child AbusePenn State University requires Team Representatives (Coaches, Chaperones, etc.) that are interacting with minors in a youth program, activity or service, regardless of whether they are responsible for the child's welfare, to review and know the procedures and protocol for reporting suspected child abuse.
Please review Penn State's Reporting Suspected Child Abuse.
As a reminder, all adults accompanying teams participating in this event are the responsibility of the sponsoring club/team/organization.
All adults and minors must follow the instructions of the Penn State staff in complying with the rules and regulations of the event. Any violations of the rules or instructions of the Penn State staff may result in immediate dismissal from the event.
3. Head InjuryEach participant/coach/chaperone/team rep must review the following Sports Health Care information regarding Head Injury. Visit our Sports Health Care page for more information. If you have any questions, or if we can be of any assistance, please feel free to contact the Penn State Sport Camps office at 814-865-0561.
4. Team RegistrationTo reserve a team space for Team Camp, the coach/team representative must submit a pre-registration form online, along with a refundable deposit. Upon completion of the camp, the deposit will be refunded and processed within 30 days following the camp's conclusion. Full refunds will be made for cancellations received by the date listed.
Every adult (coach/chaperone) attending any team camp must register online.
Please note: Completed individual player application forms with payment must be received by the team refund date listed. Additional coaches/chaperones will be charged for housing and meals. Male coaches attending female team camps must bring a responsible female chaperone that is at least 21 years old.
|2017 Team Camp Enrollment Guidelines|
|TEAM CAMPS||CAMP DATES||REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT||FULL TEAM REFUND||ATTEND CAMP AT NO COST|
|Girls B-Ball-Total Package||June 22-24||$100||May 30, 2017||1 coach or 1 chaperone|
|Girls B-Ball-Games Galore||August 4-6||$100||July 7, 2017||1 coach or 1 chaperone|
|Cheerleading||July 21-23||$100||June 23, 2017||Head Coach and 1 chaperone|
|Field Hockey||July 23-26||$300||June 26, 2017||N/A|
|Boys Elite Ice Team||July 30-Aug.1||$100||June 30, 2017||1 coach|
|Girls Soccer||July 17-20||$100||June 19, 2017||Head Coach and 1 chaperone|
|Girls VB Team Instruction||July 16-19||$100||June 19, 2017||Head Coach and 1 chaperone|
|Girls VB Team Camp I||July 20-22||$100||June 22, 2017||Head Coach and 1 chaperone|
|Girls VB Team Camp II||July 28-30||$100||June 30, 2017||Head Coach and 1 chaperone|
|Wrestling Team I||July 8-11||$180||June 12, 2017||1 Coach/10 campers|
|Wrestling Team II||July 12-15||$180||June 14, 2017||1 Coach/10 campers|
Enrollment is limited, so early registration is encouraged. Spots will not be held for those teams that do not have all forms submitted by the dates listed above.
All cancellations must be received in writing by e-mail or fax. Cancellations will not be accepted by phone. Any refund request not submitted to the Penn State Sport Camps office by the dates listed above will not receive a refund.
After a team has been registered, the coach/team representative will receive a confirmation e-mail with detailed instructions. The coach/team representative is responsible for providing to each player and chaperone the team name and password entered during registration. Each coach/chaperone must register online using the coach/chaperone registration links along with the team name and password. Parents must then register online using the camper registration link along with the team name and password to ensure that their child is placed on the correct team.
Penn State maintains waiting lists for sport camps. To be put on the waiting list if the camp is full, contact the Sport Camps office by email at SportCampInfo@athletics.psu.edu. Teams on waiting lists may be accepted into camps on short notice. Those waitlisted teams accepted into camp will be contacted via phone and/or email by the Penn State Sport Camps office. There will be a 48 hour window to accept/decline the opening before we contact the next team on the list. Payment is due by the first day of camp.
Please read this Penn State Sport Camps Standards of Conduct PDF.
5. Camper RegistrationTo begin the individual player registration process, the coach/team representative must provide each player with the following:
- Team name
Parents must include the following to ensure that their child is placed on the correct team:
- Team name (the name the coach entered during registration)
- Password (the password set up by the coach for the team registered)
Please read this Penn State Sport Camps Standards of Conduct PDF.
Penn State Sport Camps
University Park, PA 16802
In accordance with NCAA guidelines, all Penn State University Sport Camps and Clinics are open to any and all entrants, limited only by specified number, age, grade level and/or gender of its participants.