Skip to main content Skip to footer
Sports Camps  PA Pork Producers Council



• How do I register a camper?

Camp registration is available online and includes credit card or e-check payment options. When you visit a particular sport's camp welcome page, click on the "Register" link.

• What are the age limits for the summer camps?

Ages/grades and other enrollment requirements vary from camp to camp. Refer to each camp's web page for all details. Due to NCAA recruiting rules we are not permitted to make exceptions to the enrollment requirements.

In accordance with NCAA guidelines, all Penn State University Sport Camps and Clinics are open to any and all entrants, limited only by specified number, age, grade level and/or gender of its participants.

• Is payment due at the time of registration?

Yes, payment is due at the time of registration.

• Can I hold a spot in camp for my child and then complete the registration later?

No, in order to reserve a spot in any camp, the online registration and payment must be submitted.

• When does registration close for each camp?

Registration is open until a camp fills. Online registration ends 48 hours prior to the first day of camp, unless the camp is full. All registrations are processed on a first come, first served basis. Our camps are very popular and do fill quickly, so please register early!

• What is the difference between "resident" and "commuter"?

Many of our summer camps offer two enrollment options - resident and commuter. A resident camper (also called "overnight camper") stays on campus in the residence halls. The resident camper fee includes all instruction, housing and all meals. A commuter camper (also called "day camper") commutes between camp and home (or where they are staying) each day. The commuter camper fee includes all instruction and all meals. Please refer to each camp's web page (About the Camps page) for all details about the registration fees.

• Do camps offer any scholarships or discounts?

NCAA recruiting rules prohibit us from offering scholarships or other financial aid to campers. Some camps do however offer discounts, but they must be publicized and made available to all campers on an equal basis.

• Does Penn State maintain a waitlist?

Yes, Penn State maintains waiting lists for sport camps. To be put on the waiting list for a camp that is full, check the appropriate space on the online registration form. All wait-listed registrations are processed in the order in which they are received.

Campers on waiting lists may be accepted into camps on short notice. Those campers accepted into camp will be contacted via phone and/or email by the Penn State Sport Camps office. There will be a 24 hour window to accept/decline the opening before we contact the next camper on the list. Payment is due by the first day of camp.

• Does Penn State offer walk-in registrations on the first day of camp?

Walk-in registrations are only accepted if the camp is not full and space is available. Walk-in registrations on the day the camp begins are not guaranteed. There will be an additional $5 walk-in fee for those campers who register the day the camp begins (effective June 1, 2017).

• How soon should I receive confirmation of my enrollment?

Campers will receive email confirmation immediately after you checkout of the registration system. Please check your email regularly. This is our primary method of communication with campers and their parent(s)/guardian(s). Any additional information that we need to convey as your camp draws closer will be sent to you via the email address that is provided during the registration process.

• Where can I find a camp schedule?

Specific camp schedules can be found by clicking on the tentative schedule link on each particular sport camp's welcome page. Please keep in mind that these schedules are tentative and are subject to change.

• Where are the camps held?

All Penn State Sport Camps are conducted on Penn State's University Park campus in University Park, Pa. The exact location of camp activities will vary depending on the sport. All Sport Camps facilities can be found on the website under the General Information drop down on the Maps & Direction page or by clicking here!

• What is Penn State's federal tax ID?

The tax ID is 24-6000376

• What airport should I use to fly to Penn State?

The only airport we offer our shuttle service for is University Park Airport (SCE), in State College, Pa. University Park Airport's website

• What airlines are serviced at University Park Airport (SCE)?

o Delta (

o American (

o United (

• What if my child needs to leave camp early?

If your child needs to leave camp early for any reason, make sure that the Camp Director (Head Coach) or Sport Camps Director is notified. For the safety of each camper, all appropriate steps will be taken to ensure that we release a camper only to an authorized individual. Any camper departing early from camp before the final session must be accompanied to the Commons Desk by camp staff members to complete an Early Departure Notice. The camper must return the room key and access/meal card before departing. The parent/legal guardian signing the camper out must sign the Early Departure Form and verify their identity by showing an official picture ID (ex. driver's license).

• What type of supervision do you provide? Are campers supervised at all times?

Safety is our first priority and is particularly important in and around the residence halls. Attendance is taken at the beginning of each session and at bed check time. Camp directors assign camp staff personnel to actively and directly supervise campers. Even when there is no formal instruction taking place, campers are briefed thoroughly to know where to go and who to see should they need assistance.

University student auxiliary officers monitor the residence halls from 10:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. nightly. They also assist the staff when needed. All residence hall doors are locked twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.

• Who are the coaches/counselors?

Typically, camps are run by the Penn State head coach of each specific sport. In addition to the head coach, the other coaches/camp counselors consist of Penn State assistant coaches, college and high school coaches and current/former Penn State student-athletes and other college athletes who have knowledge and skills relevant to the specific sport.

Each program provides trained counselors (also considered to be Authorized Adults) who must be at least 18 years of age. A staff member who is at least 21 years of age is also accessible to participants.

• Do the coaches/counselors have to pass any sort of test before they are hired?

Penn State is committed to providing a safe environment for all employees, students and visitors. We will provide trained staff to assist in making your experience at the event the best experience possible. Penn State Sport Camps are administered by Intercollegiate Athletics in accordance with University policy AD39 (Programs Involving Minors Housed in University Facilities) and NCAA rules and regulations.

All adults must verify and provide documentation that they are in compliance with Pennsylvania Law regarding background checks when interacting with minors. All coaches and counselors are required to have the following background checks on record with the University at the time of hire and/or beginning work with minors.

o Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check

o Pennsylvania Child Abuse Clearance

o Federal (FBI) Fingerprint Check

Penn State University requires coaches and counselors that are interacting with minors in a youth program, activity or service to review and know the procedures and protocol for reporting suspected child abuse. They also must complete the following on-line training courses.

o Building a Safe Penn State: Reporting Suspected Child Abuse

o Clery Act Compliance Training

o Annual Compliance Training

o Title IX (Required to be taken only once)

• My child has a disability. Can he/she attend camp?

Penn State encourages persons with disabilities to participate in its programs and activities. If you anticipate needing special accommodations or have questions about the physical access provided, please contact the Penn State Sport Camps office before you visit: phone 814-865-0561; fax 814-865-8883.


• Can I request a roommate?

Resident campers can indicate one roommate preference on the online registration form. Listing a roommate preference does not guarantee enrollment of the roommate in the camp. We will do our best to fulfill roommate requests; however, we cannot guarantee those requests. If a preference is not indicated, a roommate will be assigned. Rooming assignments are finalized 20 days prior to the start of camp. Campers will no longer be able to make or change roommate requests within 20 days prior to the start of camp. Additionally, no changes will be made on the day of check-in.

Please note: The University cannot guarantee that every camper will be assigned a roommate.

• How many campers stay in one room?

We only have access to traditional double rooms, which allows for two persons per room. If the group attending is an odd number, you may request to be housed in the room next to the other two campers.

• My camper is staying overnight during camp. When will we find out the roommate assignments?

Rooming assignments are finalized 20 days prior to the start of camp. Final roommate assignments will be provided at check-in on the first day of camp. We will do our best to fulfill roommate requests; however, we cannot guarantee those requests. If a preference is not indicated, a roommate will be assigned.

Please note: The University cannot guarantee that every camper will be assigned a roommate.

• What happens if I decide to change my roommate request?

Campers will no longer be able to make or change roommate requests within 20 days prior to the start of camp. Additionally, no changes will be made on the day of check-in.

If your roommate request changes after you register for camp, email the Sport Camps office at least 20 days prior to the start of camp, so we can make the appropriate changes.

• What residence hall will my camper be staying in?

Resident campers stay in Penn State residence halls [East, West, Pollock or South area residence halls] and eat at on campus dining facilities. The residence halls are subject to change based on availability and maintenance. Dorm room assignments are not announced until the first day of camp.

NOTE: Males and females are housed in separate buildings and are not allowed in-room visitation. Campers are prohibited from entering residence halls other than their own.

• If my camper is a commuter will he/she have access to the residence halls?

Typically, commuters may not have access to the residence halls. When a commuter registers, the card access they receive is for the dining commons only.

The provision of supervision especially during unstructured times and inclement weather is at the discretion of the camp director of each specific camp.

However, all campers are well supervised.

• Do you require campers to submit a key and damage deposit?

A key deposit is not collected for any Penn State Sport Camps. However, campers will be charged $64.00 per lock for a key not returned or lost.

• My camper needs to arrive early/depart late/stay on campus between camp sessions. Will the camp provide accommodations?

The availability of accommodations and provision of supervision in each particular case is at the discretion of the camp director of each specific camp. Please contact the Sport Camps Office at to inquire about a specific camp at least 4-6 weeks prior to the start of camp so that all details can be addressed in a timely manner.

• Are the dorm rooms climate-controlled?

The dorm rooms are not climate-controlled in the East, West or Pollock Area Residence Halls. It is highly recommended that you bring a fan if staying in East, West or Pollock Halls. For those campers staying in the North or South Residence Halls, these rooms are climate-controlled.

• What is provided in each dorm room?

Each dorm room contains two beds, two desks, two chairs and two closets. Bed linens are provided. A pillow, blankets and towels are not provided. There is a small microwave and a small refrigerator in each room. A traditional community (shared) bathroom is located on each floor. You should bring appropriate clothes & shower shoes to go back and forth.


• Do you provide transportation between the airport /bus station and campus?

We will provide transportation to and/or from the University Park Airport (SCE) or the State College Bus Terminal. Please fill out our Sport Camps Travel Form at least two weeks in advance of the camp start date and fax to 814-865-8883, e-mail to or mail to Penn State Sport Camps Office, Gardner House, Elm Road, University Park, PA 16802.

The Sport Camps Travel Form can be found on the Location and Housing page of each camp's website.

• How do campers get around during camp?

Campers will be supervised as they walk to and from the dorms, dining hall and athletic facilities.

• Do I need to complete paperwork if my child drives to camp, walks to camp or bikes to camp?

A parent/legal guardian may need to complete and submit the Permission to Walk/Bike/Drive Home Self Check-out Authorization Form to the Penn State Sport Camps Office during final registration. This form provides written permission from the parent/legal guardian, permitting a child to walk/bike/drive to and from the camp. This form can be found on the Important Information for Parents Page under the General Information tab.

• If I drive to camp, where should I park my car?

Campers who need to drive a car to camp must obtain a parking permit from Sport Camps personnel at final registration, park in the assigned lot and display the parking permit from the rearview mirror. Failure to do so may result in a parking fine.

Campers are strictly prohibited from driving during the duration of the sport camp. Campers must hand in car keys to the camp director at the initial camp meeting.


• What should my camper bring to camp?

Each particular camp's list of recommended equipment varies. For details, please refer to the welcome page of each camp's website and click on the Tentative Schedule link for your camp. Here you will find the equipment suggested for that particular camp.

• When and where do I drop off my camper on the first day of camp?

The final registration information with the drop -off and pick-up instructions, tentative daily schedule and location will be provided in the acknowledgement letter you receive once you successfully register for camp.

• What do I do if someone other than me is going to pick-up my child from camp?

A parent/legal guardian needs to indicate all persons permitted to pick up their child on the online registration form. This form can also be found on the Important Information for Parents Page under the General Information tab.

• What should I do if I am running late or will miss the camp's check-in?

If for some reason you are arriving after the set registration time, please contact the Sport Camps office and inform the office of all details of your arrival so that we can better assist you. Late arrivals should report to the Commons Desk to check-in. Each Commons Desk is staffed twenty-four hours/day to assist you. Once you have checked in to your residence hall room, Sport Camps personnel will direct and accompany you to your camp session.

• Can parents stay and watch camp?

Camps are generally open and parents/legal guardians may observe camp from a view area (not on the fields, courts or mats). Of course, this is dictated by space restrictions in each particular facility. Parents can also dine with their child in the dining hall;credit card only will be accepted to pay for the meal at the door of the dining commons. Parents are encouraged to attend the initial camp meeting on the first day of camp and the camp closing session on the last day of camp.

• Is merchandise available for sale at camp?

Several camps offer sport-specific apparel at camp. There is also a Penn State Bookstore which sells Penn State apparel and souvenirs located in the Hetzel Union Building (HUB).

• Does my camper need to bring spending money?

All meals are provided for campers. However, many campers like to buy snacks or have money for additional activities that have been pre-planned by the camp. Several camps also offer camp apparel for sale.

• Is there a backup plan to camp should bad weather arise?

It is the policy of Penn State Sport Camps to place the highest emphasis on the safety of our participants and staff. When there is lightening in the area, all outside activity will be suspended until the threatening weather leaves the area. When the heat outside (and in buildings without climate control) reaches unsafe levels, activities will be suspended until the temperature drops back into a safe range. When these situations arise, alternate programming will be offered. While this programming may not involve physical skill development, it will focus on other important aspects including, but not limited to; strategy, team building, film sessions, discussions about college life relative to the student-athlete, etc.

Refunds will not be given in instances in which weather circumstances require alternate programming. Thank you for your understanding of our efforts to put camper safety first.


• Are meals provided at camp?

Yes. Campers are provided meals in on-campus dining halls. The first and last meals offered for each camp are noted on the acknowledgment letter received once you register for camp and are also included within the tentative schedule posted.

• Where do campers eat?

Typically, campers eat in the following dining commons.

o East Residence Halls -- Findlay Dining Commons

o Pollock Residence Halls -- Pollock Dining Commons

o West Residence Halls -- Waring Dining Commons

• My camper has special dietary needs. Are you able to accommodate this and who should I contact?

Yes, we are generally able to accommodate special dietary needs. Please contact the Registered Dietitian's Office at or 814-863-3420 at least 4 weeks prior to the start of camp to be in touch about individual needs. You may also visit Housing and Food Services website to learn more about how special dietary needs are handled in the dining commons.

• Does my camper need to bring water or other drinks to camp?

Penn State Sport Camps are sponsored by Gatorade. Therefore, Gatorade, water and cups are provided at all instructional sessions. It is not necessary for your camper to bring water or other drinks to camp. Campers are encouraged to bring a water bottle (please put your camper's name on it) to camp but one is not required. However, campers may want to bring drinks for their dorm room for times outside of the instructional sessions, since there are small refrigerators available in each dorm room.


• Does my child need to have a physical prior to attending camp?

No, we do not require campers to have a physical before attending camp. A medical release form must be completed during the online registration process.

• Is medical staff available for the campers?

No, but a Sports Health Care staff member will be available. Sports Health Care staff members are certified in First Aid and CPR and are experienced in treating sports injuries.

• Will medical staff provide taping for campers during camp?

Sports Health Care personnel will NOT provide prophylactic taping or wrapping. If taping or wrapping is necessary for a pre-existing injury, a note from a parent/legal guardian and/or physician is required.

• What if my child takes medication?

If your child takes medication, please refer to the Sports Health Care page under the General Information drop down on the website. The Sports Health Care page will provide you with everything you need to know regarding medication at a Penn State sport camp.

• Is health insurance required in order for my child to enroll in camp?

No, a camper's family is not required to carry health insurance in order for the camper to register for the camp. Insurance information is requested on-line during the registration process in case a camper is injured at camp, but insurance itself is not a requirement for participation in camp.

• What if my child is injured at camp and requires medical treatment, will the camp's insurance pay his/her medical bills?

Penn State Sport Camps provides accident and illness medical insurance designed to respond on a "primary" basis with no deductible, as part of the program at no additional charge. This coverage provides up to $5,000 in benefits in the event a camper sustains an injury requiring treatment or hospitalization, up to $500 in dental benefits, and up to $1,000 in benefits for illness, after which the family's medical insurance must be used. The insurance provided will cover only an injury or illness resulting from activity which occurred while the camper was participating in Sport Camps activities at Penn State. Parents/Legal guardians will be responsible for medical bills for a camper with a pre-existing medical condition or illness.

• What if my child is injured at camp and requires medical treatment, what happens next?


It is the policy of Penn State, through Intercollegiate Athletics, to provide camp participants with emergency medical care as well as first-aid treatment for illness and injury incurred during the conduct of the camp.

The Sports Health Care staff will be on twenty-four-hour call. They will be on-site and housed in the residence hall area to provide medical care as required. Medical care will be available during each camp session, meal times, meetings and movies. Medical care will be available at night only for those camps that are covered by Sports Health Care personnel.

The medical staff will evaluate campers with injuries or illness as soon as they are reported. Decisions regarding physician consultation and transportation to a health care facility will be the responsibility of Sports Health Care personnel.


Campers requiring medical care from University Health Services, Penn State Sports Medicine or Mount Nittany Medical Center will provide these medical facilities with all the necessary parental/legal guardian details (names, addresses, phone numbers, etc.). The medical facility will notify the parent(s) or legal guardian(s) regarding a camper's condition. In the event of minor injury or illness, Sports Health Care staff will consult with parent(s) or legal guardian(s), if necessary. Upon request, copies of medical records may go home with the injured or ill camper for follow-up treatment by a family doctor.

• What is the process for reimbursement of medical bills if my child gets hurt at camp?

If your child gets hurt at camp and is taken to a medical facility, the medical bill is typically forwarded to the Penn State Sport Camps office. We submit all medical bills to American Income Life Insurance Company for review and approval/denial.

If for some reason, the initial bill is sent directly to you, please contact the Sport Camps office. We can be reached at (814)865-0561 or


• What is your refund policy?

Please refer to the Enrollment and Refund Policies page on each particular camp. All individual cancellations and refunds have deadline dates and different administrative fees attached.

• What is your check/e-check policy?

For those checks/e-checks returned due to insufficient funds, a $25 financial transaction fee will be charged. Any additional payment must be made by certified bank check, money order, credit card or cash.

Refunds for fees paid by check/e-check will be held for a period of 20 days upon receipt of the payment.

***E-checks will only be accepted twenty (20) or more days prior to the first day of camp.

• What should I do if my camper cannot attend camp?

Please notify the Sport Camps Office if your camper will be unable to attend camp as soon as this information is known, even if you will not be eligible for a refund. This will allow us to keep an accurate number of expected campers for purposes of planning housing, meals and staffing and will also allow us to notify someone from the wait list, if necessary.

• If my camper cannot attend camp, may I find someone to fill their spot?

No, campers may not find someone to replace them at camp and one camper's registration fee may not be transferred to another camper.

• Can I request information about teammates or friends who may have registered for camp?

Personal information about camp participants is considered confidential, and may not be shared outside of camp. This includes the identity of campers, staff and guests, any demographic information, medical information and any other personally-identifiable data about any individual or group of campers. Also, the University cannot release names or phone numbers of other participants, not even to those who want to carpool.

• How are refunds processed?

When you submit a written refund request to the Sport Camps office, the request must be reviewed and approved by the Sport Camps office. Once approved, the refund will be processed.

Registration Refund Fee Options:

• Credit Card - The credit card will be refunded, which generally takes 3-5 days from the date of refund request.

• E-Check - The refund will be credited to your account, which typically takes 2-3 weeks from the date of refund request.

• Check - Refunds for fees paid by check will be held for a period of 20 days upon receipt of the payment. The refund will be issued by check, which generally takes 2-3 weeks from the date of refund request.

• What happens if a camp is cancelled?

If a camp is canceled or postponed because of insufficient enrollment or other unforeseen circumstances, the Penn State Sport Camps will refund registration fees but cannot be held responsible for any related costs, charges or expenses, including cancellation/change charges assessed by airlines or travel agencies and hotel reservations.


• Do Penn State coaches use their camps to recruit?

Penn State coaches often become aware of talented prospects that they would have otherwise missed when those prospects attend a PSU camp. However, NCAA rules generally restrict recruiting activities from taking place during institutional sports camps.

• Can I contact the coaches directly?

All campers are permitted to call or write a coach if there are logistical questions about a Penn State camp. However, all other communication with a coach is subject to NCAA rules governing phone calls, written correspondence and / or campus visits. These rules vary by sport and establish the timing of when recruiting activities may take place based on grade level.


• Can I receive information about upcoming camps?

Email with the sport and camp you are interested in. We will notify you as soon as information is available for your request.

• How do I contact the Sport Camps office?

The office is open 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday thru Friday.
Phone: (814) 865-0561
Fax: 814-865-8883

Penn State Sport Camps
Gardner House, Elm Road
University Park, PA 16802

• Who do I contact in the case of an emergency during camp?


Please inform your family of your residence hall and room number as well as the following numbers in the event of an emergency. During camp sessions, the commons desk employees are available 24 hrs./day.

• Findlay Commons: 814-865-0465
• Waring Commons: 814-865-9525
• Redifer Commons: 814-865-5263
• Pollock Commons: 814-865-8692
• Warnock Commons: 814-865-9522
• Police Services: 814-863-1111 -- on-campus emergencies
• Emergency number: 911-----POLICE, FIRE, AND AMBULANCE
• Sport Camps Office: 814-865-0561-----8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Mon.-Fri.

Important Information for Parents

The Pennsylvania State University is committed to providing a safe environment for all youth participating in activities offered through the University. All Penn State youth programs have policies in place to ensure the safety of youth participating in our programs and to ensure safety is not compromised. All camp staff members are trained in emergency protocols and all relevant internal, external and parental reporting requirements. Parents are encouraged to notify the Camp Director immediately if they, or their child, are experiencing problems, difficulties or concerns with the camp, other youth in the camp and/or Camp staff. You may also contact the following:

Director of Penn State Sports Camps
Bill Mincer
(814) 863-4471

Youth Programs Compliance Specialist
Sandy Weaver
(814) 865-8785

University's Ethics Hotline

Online Registration Waivers

Participant Waiver
Team Camp Waiver


  • Loading Tweets...
    1 second ago